Passlock I

99FLHRCI

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24. The theft system has been acting up lately. The car had a remote start in it when I bought it 7 yrs ago. I removed it almost as soon as I bought it. I had repaired the wiring with crimp connectors. This last weekend I tore it all apart and soldered it all together instead of crimp connects. While I was in their I measured the resistance from the black wire to the yellow wire in the column. It measured 765 ohms. The closest I had was an 820 ohm. This was within the +/- 10% spec that I had read online. I put this in and the car wouldn't start. So I put the car back to stock. Car started fine 5-10 times. Girlfriend drove it to work this morning no problem. She went to leave work for the doctor and it took 4 or 5 tries before the system would shut off and allow the car to run. Do I need to get a a closer resistor? Is there another way to bypass this system?