Almost there!!!

BlackMess

Not to take anything away from the tuner but, exhaust can make a world of differance.

Here is a great example, this is going from 1 3/4 headers to 1 7/8s and a new Y. Look at the TQ it picked up in the mid range.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/dynamometer-results-comparisons/253996d1284674798-speed-inc-tuned-h-c-i-a4-346-495rwhp-426rwtq-arh-ewp-flowmaster-dyno.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before posting something stupid you should probably ask how often Brian and Eric talk to each other lol.

The graph you posted isn't comparing Eric's tune to Brian's -- it is comparing a tune Brian made much more rich to do a first pull on with the MAF (It is almost a 11:1 A/F).

Your over-lay isn't even a good comparison of Brian's tunes as the nice torque jump is due to converter flash and is irrelevant in comparing numbers on the two graphs -- especially since the first was just to do base-line "Safe" pull.

Jeff

Before posting something stupid you should probably ask how often Brian and Eric talk to each other lol.

The graph you posted isn't comparing Eric's tune to Brian's -- it is comparing a tune Brian made much more rich to do a first pull on with the MAF (It is almost a 11:1 A/F).

Your over-lay isn't even a good comparison of Brian's tunes as the nice torque jump is due to converter flash and is irrelevant in comparing numbers on the two graphs -- especially since the first was just to do base-line "Safe" pull.

Jeff

:lurk:

Jeff

First off, I drove the car there. the converter and exhaust was already in place.

Here's the first pull as it was. On Eric's tune (And i can say, getting on it, it even felt flat)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff%202/100_0571.jpg

The lap top was not even in the car yet, So try to say other wise. Rob made that pull While Brian was setting up his laptop. And he was not taking it easy on it either.

Looks alot like this one if you ask me, just a few hp shy tho

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff%202/JimMurray-1.jpg

Next pull Brian was plugged in and from everyone's under standing, just turned the maf on.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff%202/100_0572.jpg

Brain was making changes, Rob is checking all types of shit with a temp gun, pulling plugs, and even tossed a FP gauge on it at one point.

Now , the facts people. This shows Brians tune, as the car left. and erics tune as the car came in the door untouched. time stamps even show 2 hours apart from the two runs.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff%202/100_0576.jpg

And it clearly shows the A/f. First pull was fat as all get out.(And if you was there, you would know it aswell, everyone's nose's was burnt)And im sure if Rob was here, He has Every bit of info and data one would need to back all this up. Im sick of seeing people jump all over Brian's work on here. And on driving the car Back Throttle response was there, it even felt like it had alot more torque down low. Driving the car, before and after. Was a Night and day difference. You can sit behind that keyboard all day and come up with what ever BS you want. The facts are right here in blue and red. Maybe the exhaust and converter helped the car make all the extra power. But looking at the first graph, clearly shows it didnt do any good without a proper tune in it.

And it clearly shows the A/f. First pull was fat as all get out.(And if you was there, you would know it aswell, everyone's nose's was burnt)And im sure if Rob was here, He has Every bit of info and data one would need to back all this up. Im sick of seeing people jump all over Brian's work on here. And on driving the car Back Throttle response was there, it even felt like it had alot more torque down low. Driving the car, before and after. Was a Night and day difference. You can sit behind that keyboard all day and come up with what ever BS you want. The facts are right here in blue and red. Maybe the exhaust and converter helped the car make all the extra power. But looking at the first graph, clearly shows it didnt do any good without a proper tune in it.

Eric called Brian this morning to get the "Facts". Brian told him exactly what was and wasn't done and why the "Comparison" curves looked so odd. Eric and Brian talk frequently so there is no reason for either one of them to post stuff like this.

Brian told Eric he added fuel to the first pull to make sure it was safe. The result is an apparent flat 11:0 A/F Vs the 12.5:1 A/F it was here (I will happily post the graph). The large torque jump is converter flash and not some crazy tuning trick that nobody else on the planet knows about lol.

This is in no way taking anything away from Brian at all, just reporting the facts as they were told to Eric by Brian this morning :)

Jeff

PS -- Eric isn't posting this directly because A. He doesn't care and B. Because he is busy tuning another Twin-turbo Corvette now and C. Because it is a complete waste of his time :)

PPS -- If anyone wants to question Eric's tuning abilities they are more than welcome to come out and watch Mark's car run 7.90's this weekend at MIR :) :)

B. Because he is busy tuning another Twin-turbo Corvette now and C. Because it is a complete waste of his time :)

comments like this are the exact reason I will never do business with IPS. Good job making your company look like a douche.

IPOS Jeff,

I knew it was only a matter of time before you jumped into this thread! The facts are in the graph so why don't you find something better to do with your time like a- threaten more people on forums,b- rape another unsuspecting customer, or c- blow someones car up. Once you get that taken care of tow "The worlds fastest corvette" over to brians and watch it make even more power!

-Regards

IPOS Jeff,

I knew it was only a matter of time before you jumped into this thread! The facts are in the graph so why don't you find something better to do with your time like a- threaten more people on forums,b- rape another unsuspecting customer, or c- blow someones car up. Once you get that taken care of tow "The worlds fastest corvette" over to brians and watch it make even more power!

-Regards

I understand you have bad blood with IPS but showing you are a better person and not saying shit like this would make you look 1 kagilllion times more mature. Saying " Jeff, thanks for your input but I feel you posting in my thread is un-helpful." is a start.

I feel for you dude, i really do. I was in a very similar situation with a site sponsor and after a few days I realized that it wasnt worth being angry over. Just move and and play it cool.

If anyone doesn't think that Eric, Brian, and Rob don't talk and get along I've seen them all sit together and get along just fine. The bunch of internet hardasses in here, and lack of knowlege is hilarious.

That has never happened you one handed homo. They hate eachother, they would rather fuck aid ridden monkeys than be seen in the same room together tunning cars, eating pizza and helping get dovers car together. What?

That has never happened you one handed homo. They hate eachother, they would rather fuck aid ridden monkeys than be seen in the same room together tunning cars, eating pizza and helping get dovers car together. What?

Excatly.

This type thread is a complete waste of time.

edit: fuck you Rob, I know thats you.

Edited by Cordell

They hate eachother, they would rather fuck aid ridden monkeys than be seen in the same room together tunning cars, eating pizza and helping get Nitrous kit together on a F-150. What?

Fixed, and

If people only knew, the internet and Jeff's head would implode. All at the same time.

I wasn't saying anything about brian. nor has anyone in this thread..... everyone that has posted knows brians ability. I was just pointing out there is more to numbers then a tune. no reason to bash erics ability. my car runs VERY well and was tuned by eric. Brian told me himself how much respect he has for erics tuning...

comments like this are the exact reason I will never do business with IPS. Good job making your company look like a douche.

It is kind of ironic that I wasn't being sarcastic at all -- which is a first for me in CR "Romper Room" post.

Eric doesn't care at all -- neither does Brian. Hell, neither do I lol. Both of their resumes speak for themselves at this point.

Eric was in fact tuning a TT Vette as I posted earlier.

Posting on CR while at work is a total waste of his time under any scenario which is why he posts next to never.

Jeff