Obama on The Daily Show

greg1647545532

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4) al-Qaida is coordinating and stepping up the bombings in an aggressive move to topple the government in Iraq.

What Government? Iraq has the Guinness Book World record of a country without a Government, as of today they don't have an official government. They are figuring out sides until November.

Fair enough. I don't care if people like him or not, I just want people to dislike him for real reasons and not made up ones.

Yeah, unfortunately the people who typically have strong feelings against him are ignorant as fuck and would vote for someone like Palin or O'Donnell, who are probably the 2 biggest idiots I've ever seen who are up for election.

But fuck politics

I am extremely disappointed in CR. There was a time when a thread like this would spark an intelligent debate. Now it just gives people a chance to show how good they are at googling reasons to hate people. You are suppose to know this stuff and prevously used it to form an opinion... not form an opinion then look for reasons aferwards.

I will not vote for Obama because it will not personally benefit me. The amount I make and my age range is in an area where he will negatively impact me to positvely assist another. As a nation the man behind a suit is almost interchangable so that's why I vote for personal reasons. Presidents to me are people that look and act like they are in power but are in more ways powerless. For everything they do some will hate it and some will love it. In the end trying to please everyone has resulted in many presidents leaving America worse off than when they started. They should change the president title to scapegoat, fall guy, or my personal favorite...The Wizard of Oz.

God I hope he doesn't since he took office the Military fiscal year raises have been a whopping 1.0-1.5% raise. When Bush was in administration we got no less than a 3.0% and his last term we got a 4.0%!

My private sector job hasn't given a raise to anyone in the company for two or three years now, and we're expecting that to continue for the next couple years. 1.0% sounds kinda nice to me right about now.

I have had less taxes taken out of my pay since Obama was in office. The rest of you just fail.

As a household you must not file in the range needed to see the effects then. :confused: He's not helped our household. That's not the only reason I don't support him though.

I am extremely disappointed in CR. There was a time when a thread like this would spark an intelligent debate. Now it just gives people a chance to show how good they are at googling reasons to hate people. You are suppose to know this stuff and prevously used it to form an opinion... not form an opinion then look for reasons aferwards.

I will not vote for Obama because it will not personally benefit me. The amount I make and my age range is in an area where he will negatively impact me to positvely assist another. As a nation the man behind a suit is almost interchangable so that's why I vote for personal reasons. Presidents to me are people that look and act like they are in power but are in more ways powerless. For everything they do some will hate it and some will love it. In the end trying to please everyone has resulted in many presidents leaving America worse off than when they started. They should change the president title to scapegoat, fall guy, or my personal favorite...The Wizard of Oz.

I don't agree with everything you stated, but the fact that you did voice your opinion honestly and without a bit of unintelligible non-sense, I will gladly respect it.

These are the kinds of posts (and a few others who have made in this thread) that need to be made when a topic like this is presented.

Someone make me a mod so I can unabashedly delete/remove someone from threads when they start spouting "I hate X because of Y and I have nothing but Fluff to support my statements". If you want to talk like an adult then act like one and don't bring sophist statements and stances to a serious minded thread.

:|

I don't agree with everything you stated, but the fact that you did voice your opinion honestly and without a bit of unintelligible non-sense, I will gladly respect it.

These are the kinds of posts (and a few others who have made in this thread) that need to be made when a topic like this is presented.

Someone make me a mod so I can unabashedly delete/remove someone from threads when they start spouting "I hate X because of Y and I have nothing but Fluff to support my statements". If you want to talk like an adult then act like one and don't bring sophist statements and stances to a serious minded thread.

:|

This. The only part I disagree with is banning them. They are voters so hopefully some sense will rub off on them before they pull the curtain on the booth.

We don't have any rules against people posting their political opinions on here. Terron, it would be wrong to delete things just because you disagree with what someone has said, that is censorship. Especially over something as protected as politics.

Should I delete what you said here just because I find it to be nonsense? Would that be right of me to do?

When people spout ignorant crap as if its the gospel which misleads people yes, it should be removed. There are so many cases of that happening and I don't have to argue that. If i've done it, by all means remove it. I've said snarky comments but nothing that would mislead someone by telling a half truth if not bold faced lie.

Yeah, unfortunately the people who typically have strong feelings against him are ignorant as fuck and would vote for someone like Palin or O'Donnell, who are probably the 2 biggest idiots I've ever seen who are up for election.

But fuck politics

I am all for having an idiot as president, what else could really go wrong? lol

hold on... so i posted FACTS and i should be banned and posts removed?? LMAO

and no one has anything to argue what I posted, other than... blah blah you're ignorant stupid, banned... WAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Glad to see there are a couple people that don't have their head up their ass.

hold on... so i posted FACTS and i should be banned and posts removed?? LMAO

and no one has anything to argue what I posted, other than... blah blah you're ignorant stupid, banned... WAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Glad to see there are a couple people that don't have their head up their ass.

What facts? You posted something demonstrably wrong ("my taxes went up because of Obama") and then followed it up with a cut and paste opinion piece from an opinion website, with a few facts strewn in but overall just a lot of nonsense. Want me to tackle that?

1. Failing Economy. Obama inherited an economy that was crappy, and of course, how much can the president do to fix an economy? This opinion piece comes up with the startling conclusion that the economy is doomed, despite the fact that all indicators available to us show that the economy has been growing steadily for the last 9-12 months. Could the economy be better? Sure, but this is the same thing as the Bush tax cuts -- namely, after the tax cuts, the economy got worse, and the Republicans were left arguing that they staved off an ever bigger recession. Obama can (rightly) argue that his stimulus shortened the recession and made an otherwise bad situation not so bad. You can argue specifics, but to think that some pundit can spout 8 sentences and magically declare Obama's economic policies to be a failure is... well, I don't have a nice word for it, but let's just say that the opinions of your author aren't carrying much weight at this point.

2. Losing Congress. There's no denying that a lot of Democrats benefited from Obama Fever, and they're not going to get that kind of push this year. On the other hand, this is entirely typical, and as evidence I cite every single Republican who ran in 2008 under the "I'm not George Bush" strategy. Voters are stupid, fickle creatures, and if someone as loved as Obama-the-Candidate can't carry the vote for 2+ years, nobody can. However, despite the apparent truth of this criticism, this is a failing of Obama, the Democrat, not Obama, the President. Why do you as a voter care that Obama has hurt (i.e., not single-handedly saved) the Democrat Party? You should be ecstatic!

3. Climbing Deficits. Believe it or not, the deficit is roughly the same as it was under Bush. Furthermore, the 2010 budget (signed by Obama) has a lower deficit than the 2009 budget prepared by the Bush administration. And on top of that, the CBO shows that Obama's administration has actually lowered projected deficit spending versus what they were projecting for Bush.

I really wish this "tax and spend democrats" thing would just die. It's just not true. The government is massive, and despite all the big numbers being thrown around, change is very gradual. Obama has the deficit heading in the right direction, which is more than you could ever say for Bush.

4. Losing Iraq. I must have missed that memo. We lost Iraq? This guy basically cites no evidence of this. Garbage. Moving on.

5. Government Oversight Failures. Look, the President is always going to be a scapegoat for these sorts of things, whether it be Bush in Katrina or Obama in the Gulf. If you want to hold that office accountable for everything bad that happens, be my guest. It's not my thing, but whatever. Has Obama gone as far as he said he would in regards to change and government transparency? God no. It's depressing, actually, and as someone who voted for him it's my biggest complaint. But he's done a better job than anyone else who's held that seat in my lifetime, in my opinion.

From there, the editorial turns into a raving diatribe from someone who is so biased it's not even worth listening to him. This is where you get your opinions from? Dear god. At least O'Reilly usually has legitimate criticisms.

what a joke of a president we have. he has been on WAYYY more tv shows than ANY OTHER PREZ!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet his stupid ass will get reelected too, with all the ignorant fucking people that voted for him the first time.

Yeah, we can't have the same thing happen 3 times in a row....

When people spout ignorant crap as if its the gospel which misleads people yes, it should be removed. There are so many cases of that happening and I don't have to argue that. If i've done it, by all means remove it. I've said snarky comments but nothing that would mislead someone by telling a half truth if not bold faced lie.

Fancy your own parties hypocrisies, because they have mislead you as well :whistle:. I feel your no different then the people whom you claim "half truths" as gospel, because apparently if you do not agree then it must be misleading...

"Come on MAN"

What facts? You posted something demonstrably wrong ("my taxes went up because of Obama") and then followed it up with a cut and paste opinion piece from an opinion website, with a few facts strewn in but overall just a lot of nonsense. Want me to tackle that?

1. Failing Economy. Obama inherited an economy that was crappy, and of course, how much can the president do to fix an economy? This opinion piece comes up with the startling conclusion that the economy is doomed, despite the fact that all indicators available to us show that the economy has been growing steadily for the last 9-12 months. Could the economy be better? Sure, but this is the same thing as the Bush tax cuts -- namely, after the tax cuts, the economy got worse, and the Republicans were left arguing that they staved off an ever bigger recession. Obama can (rightly) argue that his stimulus shortened the recession and made an otherwise bad situation not so bad. You can argue specifics, but to think Pretty hat some pundit can spout 8 sentences and magically declare Obama's economic policies to be a failure is... well, I don't have a nice word for it, but let's just say that the opinions of your author aren't carrying much weight at this point.

2. Losing Congress. There's no denying that a lot of Democrats benefited from Obama Fever, and they're not going to get that kind of push this year. On the other hand, this is entirely typical, and as evidence I cite every single Republican who ran in 2008 under the "I'm not George Bush" strategy. Voters are stupid, fickle creatures, and if someone as loved as Obama-the-Candidate can't carry the vote for 2+ years, nobody can. However, despite the apparent truth of this criticism, this is a failing of Obama, the Democrat, not Obama, the President. Why do you as a voter care that Obama has hurt (i.e., not single-handedly saved) the Democrat Party? You should be ecstatic!

3. Climbing Deficits. Believe it or not, the deficit is roughly the same as it was under Bush. Furthermore, the 2010 budget (signed by Obama) has a lower deficit than the 2009 budget prepared by the Bush administration. And on top of that, the CBO shows that Obama's administration has actually lowered projected deficit spending versus what they were projecting for Bush.

I really wish this "tax and spend democrats" thing would just die. It's just not true. The government is massive, and despite all the big numbers being thrown around, change is very gradual. Obama has the deficit heading in the right direction, which is more than you could ever say for Bush.

4. Losing Iraq. I must have missed that memo. We lost Iraq? This guy basically cites no evidence of this. Garbage. Moving on.

5. Government Oversight Failures. Look, the President is always going to be a scapegoat for these sorts of things, whether it be Bush in Katrina or Obama in the Gulf. If you want to hold that office accountable for everything bad that happens, be my guest. It's not my thing, but whatever. Has Obama gone as far as he said he would in regards to change and government transparency? God no. It's depressing, actually, and as someone who voted for him it's my biggest complaint. But he's done a better job than anyone else who's held that seat in my lifetime, in my opinion.

From there, the editorial turns into a raving diatribe from someone who is so biased it's not even worth listening to him. This is where you get your opinions from? Dear god. At least O'Reilly usually has legitimate criticisms.

Most realistic post so far. Saved me a lot of typing.

1. Failing Economy. Obama inherited an economy that was crappy, and of course, how much can the president do to fix an economy? This opinion piece comes up with the startling conclusion that the economy is doomed, despite the fact that all indicators available to us show that the economy has been growing steadily for the last 9-12 months. Could the economy be better? Sure, but this is the same thing as the Bush tax cuts -- namely, after the tax cuts, the economy got worse, and the Republicans were left arguing that they staved off an ever bigger recession. Obama can (rightly) argue that his stimulus shortened the recession and made an otherwise bad situation not so bad. You can argue specifics, but to think that some pundit can spout 8 sentences and magically declare Obama's economic policies to be a failure is... well, I don't have a nice word for it, but let's just say that the opinions of your author aren't carrying much weight at this point.

Thank you for showing him that he should read what he's googling before posting it. Just because its on the internet does not mean its true. When it comes to politics in a lot of cases its poeple posting their opinion or views as to how they interpret the change. There are a lot of places he could have quoted that would have made him look like a genius. However it looks like he typed in "Why Obama sucks" and pasted the first two things he saw in here.

• Upvote 1

Fancy your own parties hypocrisies, because they have mislead you as well :whistle:. I feel your no different then the people whom you claim "half truths" as gospel, because apparently if you do not agree then it must be misleading...

"Come on MAN"

What, What is this?? I don't even

....so don't argue it then

if I were to say the sky is purple, should that get removed too, just because its not true?

If it's in a politically minded thread and you tried to say something like X party member stated that the sky, was in fact purple without any kinda proof yeah.

Otherwise wtf does it matter? On that point you're trying to make yes, I get it but I'm speaking strictly political party shit.

It's like someone coming to a car meet with a beat up old 88 honda hatchback or something with a fart can exhaust and talking about their car having five different turbos AND superchargers running full-sequential somehow. That's what it likens to be to me and how someone else (actually there are other people who've stated the same sentiment) couldn't understand where I'm coming from is just astounding to me.

What I think is the best part about this is yo guys are all arguing your opinion like it matters or like its the truth...

politics are for people who do not want to work or for someone who is bored and has nothing else to bitch about...

What I think is the best part about this is yo guys are all arguing your opinion like it matters or like its the truth...

politics are for people who do not want to work or for someone who is bored and has nothing else to bitch about...

So you are basically stating your opinion as a fact in a thread about politics... like it matters