Veterans Bonus??

Mojoe

I know several people on here have deployed and are eligable for the veterans bonus program. It was linked here back in August and I would link the thread, but my GOV computer does not allow search on CR.

Anyway, my question, is has anyone or does anyone know of somoen who has recieved there's. Several of us at work forgot about it and it came up this morning because there is a Oct. 31 deadline to submit it, and they told us this morning. We all had turned our info in, but it has been a while and we can't find anyone who hace received it. We have checked our info on the site and it says received. I know I'm going to have more of my soldiers asking about it. Just looking to see what people have seen.

Thanks

Joe, you're talking about the Stop Loss retroactive pay. I submitted mine October 6th and got paied last week from Sept 06 to March 07. It was $500/month for every month you were kept past your ETS date.

The state veteran program won't have a deadline I'd assume, for some time. I'll eventually get it filled out, but I'm in no rush. The stop loss payment was deffinately well worth it and extremely simple. They gave me a case number, and a few steps to prove I was that service member, then just punched in my bank info.

I'd say the commamnd I'm with made up a dead line to try and get people to get their paperwork in ASAP. Either way good to know. They were all about telling people they only had the weekend to get things in the mail.

Many guys here have received their stop loss. That seems to be hitting pretty well.

I am waiting to apply for my veterans bonus till after I get back from Iraq this time. I leave some time in Dec. However I went through all of the steps on the website just to see and I would short my self like $300. So I decided to hold off.

I know there isn’t a dead line to file until the sitting president at that time says that Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom have ended. Once that has happened I think you have three months, maybe, to file everything. It maybe more but don’t know for sure.