WTB parts for 77 Mustang drag project car

Richard Cranium

No, it's not me. A friend of mine just purchased a crappy looking 77 Mustang with a 302. The body is solid, but otherwise it looks like a huge puddle of diarrhea to me. Anyhow, he is a mechanic, but also a major cheapskate. He has built racecars in the past, so he does have some idea what he's getting into. I figured I would try helping him out by seeing if anyone has parts he can use they are willing to sell. His goal is gut it and make a 10 second track only car out of it.

The motor runs, but he wants a dual carb high rise intake, with or without carbs (I know, fat chance).

The auto trans is probably junk and he'll need a rebuilt/built one anyhow.

It has an 8 inch rear end he wants to replace with a 9 inch.

There is not much of an interior, but he wants to cage it. He plans on keeping the stock dash (who the hell knows why, cause it looks shitty like the rest of the car), but he needs basically everything else.

Once he gets the car mostly sorted out he wants to spray it, but that will be a while till he's in the market for a kit.

Anyhow, if you have any parts you think apply to this project and you want them out of your garage or shed, PM me with a description and a price and I'll pass it along to him. He is a major cheapskate though so if you're wanting top dollar we're probably wasting each others time. Anyhow, those are all the details I know, mainly because I know dick about mustangs.