Call for help

Richard Cranium

Hey folks. I have been informed we have a student in need at our school and I thought maybe we'd have a kind soul on here with a car part we need to help this kid. The kid turned 18 and his folks kicked him out. I don't know the reason. He is no longer homeless and has found a job, but without the car he'll be back on the bottom very quickly. The car is a 75 duster with a leaking fuel tank. I assume it is rusted through, but I know it is leaking fuel. I also know that finding a replacement part is probably a pipe dream and repairing it is also probably more than the car is worth. My thought is that some one may have a fuel cell in some back corner of the shop that is not being used and no plans for use. Maybe something you bought that does not fit your project. I've talked to the auto tech teacher and he'll donate the time to install it in his trunk, and I'll donate any fittings it needs. Does anyone have some hunk of junk laying around that would safely hold fuel that they are willing to donate to the cause, or I can buy for cheap? I know they would not be asking if there was another way.

Thanks guys. The contact was polite, but did not help. Now it's my turn to apologize. I hate it when some one makes an assumption and passes it off as fact. The kid is still in a very bad spot, but no, does not need a fuel tank. Turns out the filler neck and the tank are two different pieces. As soon as he tightened up the connectors between the two the leak went away. Thanks for the support though.