Verizon people

V8 Beast

A lot of people have unlimited data plans and don't come anyhwere close to getting their moneys worth. I had a customer using 50mb a month MAX and they wouldn't drop down to the 200mb plan to save $15.

I'll go through a gb in about 4-5 days just with Pandora.

Old school FTW...

http://www3.telus.net/99carton/pics/First%20telephone.gif

I got this shit custom made for me, straight from my homeboy A.G. Bell

I bet the ringtone is "Mary had a Little Lamb"...

...anybody get the joke.... anybody...?

If you have a 3G multimedia phone and enough time to call the 50 people go for it. That's about what it will take before you find someone that's about to be fired and wants to remove the data for you.

No need to call 50 people, just one. As long as data is blocked, data plan can be removed from any 3g multimedia phone. Smartphones still require at least 15$ data. No is fired for doing their job.

No need to call 50 people, just one. As long as data is blocked, data plan can be removed from any 3g multimedia phone. Smartphones still require at least 15$ data. No is fired for doing their job.

Can be and suppose to be are 2 different things. You should ask a few people here what happened when they tried. Their job is to tell you if you don't want to pay for data you need to get a different phone... trust me...

Can be and suppose to be are 2 different things. You should ask a few people here what happened when they tried. Their job is to tell you if you don't want to pay for data you need to get a different phone... trust me...

It's ok....you can trust me. If one requests a data block, one would then be able to remove the data plan from any 3g multimedia phone. Things change from time to time. That is the way that it is now ;)

It's not like anyone at the Verizon call center knows what they are doing. It took multiple phone calls just to get our final bill right. They wanted to charge us a full month when we cancelled the service 2 days into our next billing cycle. Mind you both my wife and I spoke with someone there before we cancelled our service, telling us it would be pro-rated...who also wasn't good enough to try to save us as a customer.

The actual Verizon service was great - everything else, no so much. I didn't dislike Verizon until I got rid of them.

It's not like anyone at the Verizon call center knows what they are doing. It took multiple phone calls just to get our final bill right. They wanted to charge us a full month when we cancelled the service 2 days into our next billing cycle. Mind you both my wife and I spoke with someone there before we cancelled our service, telling us it would be pro-rated...who also wasn't good enough to try to save us as a customer.

The actual Verizon service was great - everything else, no so much. I didn't dislike Verizon until I got rid of them.

So they knew what they were doing until you left and got one person that made a mistake when closing it and people that had no clue what happened on that call didnt trust you and quoted some policy and you had to keep calling in until you found someone that would do it for you and now all employees dont know what they are doing /run-on

You just explained customer service all around the world :lol:

So they knew what they were doing until you left and got one person that made a mistake when closing it and people that had no clue what happened on that call didnt trust you and quoted some policy and you had to keep calling in until you found someone that would do it for you and now all employees dont know what they are doing /run-on

You just explained customer service all around the world :lol:

So you are saying the policy is to charge a full month for 2 days of service?

So you are saying the policy is to charge a full month for 2 days of service?

Not only policy, its in the contract you agreed to...

...If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices , check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee...

Companies fault for offering it. Should have been credited for the person giving bad info... but then again thats when it takes multiple calls before someone gives you the benefit of the doubt. Good ol' customer service.

#1: I was already out of contract

#2: I would have cancelled 2 days earlier if I had known to worry about a policy like this, which is why we called and asked. Seems like a pretty common type of question.

#3: If I am paying for the full month, and service doesn't cancel until the end of that month, why is my service shut off? Essentially, they were wanting to charge me for a service they were not providing.

#1: I was already out of contract

#2: I would have cancelled 2 days earlier if I had known to worry about a policy like this, which is why we called and asked. Seems like a pretty common type of question.

#3: If I am paying for the full month, and service doesn't cancel until the end of that month, why is my service shut off? Essentially, they were wanting to charge me for a service they were not providing.

Always aways always read and understand what you are agreeing to. I have seen some contracts from places that say if you take the phone off of a line within 6 months they will charge your credit card a termination fee. Your service is still open, your phone gets messed up, and you cant change it or you get charges :wtf: Being out of contract doesnt make a difference. Its at the end of the month when ever you decide to close (outside of the trial or special things like military etc.). Even if you port out it suspends and you pay the entire month. Once you agree to that contract its saying you understand. At that point it would be up to you to plan when you leave so that there is no overlap or impact.

The person you talked to should have done their job right. If they say they are going to do it for you they should have done it. After that everyones going to blame you for not understanding your contract and make it harder on you.