Gran Turismo 5 Official Release date (or here we go again)

944s2

I think it's hilarious that after waiting all this time; days, months, years, and you guys are bitching about the install already. lol

It is pretty funny, lol.

I thought I read that about GT5 too....

I am going to be picking it up tonight, and dusting my PS3 off. I haven't played it since God of War III came out, so in addition to having to install the game, I will probably have to install updates too, and PS3 updates take FOREVER.

Yeah you probably have to install all the 3D updates.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got it last night and played about 5 hrs, I personally love it. As with any game it's not perfect but because of the hype surrounding it people will expect it to be. The intro is great, the gameplay and realism of physic's seems to be much better than old GT's. Even as a "hardcore" sim driver I forgot why I don't mind not having cockpit view on non-premium cars in GT, they still feel like your in the drivers seat from "bumper cam". Most games the car is easier to drive in this view but it GT they still make it feel great. The premium cars of course are beautiful though. Overall I am very happy with it, you have to remember in the first 30% of the game with licenses and events they are literally "teaching" you how to drive a car properly on the track, which has always been a huge part of this game hence "The Real Driving Simulator".

here's our set up for it!

we are currently playing on the top gear track!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/369934448_photobucket_31783_.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/369934448_photobucket_31785_.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/369934448_photobucket_31788_.jpg

Been playing GT5.

Physics are good. Not great, but very good.

Damage doesn't hurt performance.. Kind of disappointing, but whatever..

LOVING the oldschool GT1 tracks.

AI has the same Neanderthal "MY LINE! ME SPIN YOU!" crap that GT has had since the beginning. Wonder when they'll get around to actually writing an AI from this century.

Car selection is thinly spread.. Mods are trimmed back, and car setup is.. ok.. (Can't adjust tire pressures?)

Music sucks.

Traction in the dirt is modeled ok if you shut off the low-traction surface aid.

However, overall it's still fun to play and will likely eat up a lot of my time in the near future. I just wouldn't put this on par with Forza as "Simulation" goes. More like an advanced arcade game. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Been playing GT5.

Physics are good. Not great, but very good.

Damage doesn't hurt performance.. Kind of disappointing, but whatever..

LOVING the oldschool GT1 tracks.

AI has the same Neanderthal "MY LINE! ME SPIN YOU!" crap that GT has had since the beginning. Wonder when they'll get around to actually writing an AI from this century.

Car selection is thinly spread.. Mods are trimmed back, and car setup is.. ok.. (Can't adjust tire pressures?)

Music sucks.

Traction in the dirt is modeled ok if you shut off the low-traction surface aid.

However, overall it's still fun to play and will likely eat up a lot of my time in the near future. I just wouldn't put this on par with Forza as "Simulation" goes. More like an advanced arcade game. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

You know there is still speculation as far as the damage, as in if its starts to get worse after level 20 and so on. (Also I heard that the car manufacturers would not let them model the damage so bad that your car just dies) I think they purposely made this game easy early on and it will get much harder, (read more sim like) as we push through it.

I really enjoy the karts too!

So I've readjusted my opinion of the AI from Neanderthal to Bully. The AI actually *ACTIVELY* tries to screw you up. I thought it was just shoddy programming when the AI would brake too hard for corner entry, or again right after the apex when you were behind them. Or when it would spin you or try to pin you and push you off the track if it couldn't spin you. But apparently the AI is deliberately trying to mess with your line and send you off track.

I know this because the AI just set up a trap in a race I was in. I was at the right side of the track behind one car when a second pulled up along my left. Then the car in front of me slammed on its brakes, in the middle of a STRAIGHT. I hit the car ahead, disqualifying me.

On a marginally related note: For those who have driven an Elise before, are they really such tail-happy take-no-prisoners cars? I had always heard they were nimble but well-mannered. In GT5 they are vicious handling cars that make you walk a tightrope or they'll bite your head off.

A warning to those who haven't bought theirs yet. Went to buy gt5 from walmart today. Guy ringing me up asks me to plz open the package in front of him becuase they had someone else come back in and say there was no game in the case! I thought, really, you guys fell for that? Anyway, we open my package after purchase and no fuckin cd and crinkled manual! Holy shit! Well, they opened another and everything was intact. So, I got it and my updates about done!

On a marginally related note: For those who have driven an Elise before, are they really such tail-happy take-no-prisoners cars? I had always heard they were nimble but well-mannered. In GT5 they are vicious handling cars that make you walk a tightrope or they'll bite your head off.

I had a 2zz powered Toyota MR2 Spyder and it was pretty easy to kick the tail out with power in 1st or 2nd. At higher speeds there was a very thin line between going really fast and losing it.

I thought the exact same thing when I did the top gear challenge, plus the brakes were shitty.

Speaking of brakes, I hate how you can't upgrade your brakes.