dover

Options?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Options?

• MMR1000 4V 5.4 + Ported Stock Heads + Stock Cams
    • MMR1500 4v 5.4 + Stock Heads + Stock Cams
    • 4V 4.6 (Current) + Stage 3 Heads + Turbo Cams
    • Destroked 5.4 -> 5.1 + Ported Heads + Turbo Cams
    • Put race gas in it and drive it till is blows up.

enjoy the car as it sits, or go auto. why do a rebuild??

my car is going in for a built 4r70w in a couple weeks, as i plan on racing this car next year. a good automatic should be your next modification---especially if (like me) you can't drive a stick good enough. unfortunately, i won't be able to tell you how i like it until next spring.

Why are you going 4R70W if you don't mind me asking? I was debating going with a PA Super Comp C4 or a TH400.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you going 4R70W if you don't mind me asking? I was debating going with a PA Super Comp C4 or a TH400.

my car will still see tons of street driving, so i like an overdrive. we ordered a fully built auto from tci. i also spent tons of time deciding whether to go with a full manual valve body, or with a computer shifted auto. my builder has had great experience using a mach 1 computer, and that's the way i will go. not sure which converter we will go with yet.

my car will still see tons of street driving, so i like an overdrive. we ordered a fully built auto from tci. i also spent tons of time deciding whether to go with a full manual valve body, or with a computer shifted auto. my builder has had great experience using a mach 1 computer, and that's the way i will go. not sure which converter we will go with yet.

Please keep me updated, I plan to go MVB and a transbrake for some 15psi launches!

call tci and have them build one for you custom its only about 1200 and if its not right or you need something changed they can do it

call tci and have them build one for you custom its only about 1200 and if its not right or you need something changed they can do it

that's who we're using. my builder has had great results with them. of course, nothing is usually waranteed with these types of things, but they are very reasonable if something does break

Dove, I'll asked again why are you rebuilding a built motor when you could just turn the boost up. Is the motor hurt? Was it not put together well? Did you finally get the motor to stop leaking oil?

I cant answer for him but I can imagine he is scared of were the motor was put together and thinks it will give up soon.

Motor is fine Linn, nothing is leaking. I just am pretty much at the max that little 281 motor can handle. If I build a 5.4 or even the new 6.2 for 1500rwhp I should have no problem making a 1xxxrwhp on a regular basis.

I think I will continue to enjoy the 4.6 for now and save and build a motor with more cubes for next.

you should be able to push an otherwise stock cobra motor with better pistons well into the 700's with little worry. if you're after more than that, well, yes, you'll need a bigger motor with heads/cam--but that's also asking for more headaches if you ask me--much, much bigger headaches in a car you've been contemplating selling for a while due to these headaches. if you do anything else it should be an auto, and then take it to the track and run some low 10's.

Motor is fine Linn, nothing is leaking. I just am pretty much at the max that little 281 motor can handle. If I build a 5.4 or even the new 6.2 for 1500rwhp I should have no problem making a 1xxxrwhp on a regular basis.

I think I will continue to enjoy the 4.6 for now and save and build a motor with more cubes for next.

Why spend the money on a 5.4. Put some snails on it and you can make 1,xxx+ pretty easy. Do an E85 conversion and it would work all day on pump gas, no need for a 5.4 or 6.2...

What is the goal for the car? Using all the power is another thread entirely...

Why spend the money on a 5.4. Put some snails on it and you can make 1,xxx+ pretty easy. Do an E85 conversion and it would work all day on pump gas, no need for a 5.4 or 6.2...

What is the goal for the car? Using all the power is another thread entirely...

Car already has a turbo on it.

Car has a Turbonetics T76BB, I think I am going to switch to a Precision Billet Wheel T76 and an auto, before I go bigger motor. That way with the better turbo an auto when I go big motor, I can add some spray and call it a day.

Juiced46 on ModularFords has:

Not really excuses but conditions kind of sucked today. It was really hard for me to hook today. It was very cold and windy. Upper 30s and the car didnt want to hook with anything more then 18#s. I was planning on running 25#s

I didnt even make one full pass all day lol

Best pass was

1.47 60ft

6.22@113

9.778@126 this was letting out @ the 1000 ft mark. The wind was pushing the car all over the place it wasnt worth risking it.

Motor combo 8.2:1 CR .020 motor. Stock heads/cams/intake TH400. Single Hellion kit with a Billet 76mm

Don't take this the wrong way but you've got to learn to drive what you have before you spend ANY more money on it....

with an auto and good rear end, the car should run 10's all day long on low boost. my car made the exact same power, and i had the stock IRS, stock clutch/tranny/etc, and ran 11.4 at 128mph at fun ford weekend in bradenton. my skills as a dragracer are completely novice. of course, the track prep was phenomenal, but it was hot florida weather.

with an auto, sticky tires, and a solid rear, i'm shooting for easy 10's, and his car should do the same once he gets it dialed in. turning up the boost for 700rwhp, his car should run much better, and should be capable of 9's with time (even with the current motor). i wouldn't add much more than the auto, and some suspension if it hasn't already been done--then just concentrate on driving the thing.

Put a good auto in it and your car will go alot faster then you think if the converter is right for your setup.

Dover, seriously just turn the boost up and enjoy the car.

Sam and Linn have the right ideas. You probably don't need the auto but it will definitely make the car faster.

with an auto and good rear end, the car should run 10's all day long on low boost. my car made the exact same power, and i had the stock IRS, stock clutch/tranny/etc, and ran 11.4 at 128mph at fun ford weekend in bradenton. my skills as a dragracer are completely novice. of course, the track prep was phenomenal, but it was hot florida weather.

with an auto, sticky tires, and a solid rear, i'm shooting for easy 10's, and his car should do the same once he gets it dialed in. turning up the boost for 700rwhp, his car should run much better, and should be capable of 9's with time (even with the current motor). i wouldn't add much more than the auto, and some suspension if it hasn't already been done--then just concentrate on driving the thing.

I agree but there is no reason he shouldn't be running 10's now. I didn't realize he wanted a dedicated DRAG car because with the auto that's what it's going to be. If he just wants the # throw in the auto and go 9's...