F-14 on flatbed going down 270 South

Mark1647545493

Nope, but they'll pay some scrapyard worker to smuggle one out. There have been quite a lot of parts turn up that shouldn't have been still around...one guy was arrested for trying to sell a COMPLETE GE F-110 engine from an F-16...four more had previously disappeared from inventory, and probably ended up in China.

And the Iranians are still flying the F-14, at least as recently as October '08. How many they still have, and what condition they are in, is not certain.

I thought Iran's F-14's were giant paperweights after the last guys out of there removed the computers.

I thought Iran's F-14's were giant paperweights after the last guys out of there removed the computers.

last I heard they could fly the F14's but they didn't have any type of weapons system, counter measures or radar tracking device, so yes a paper weight

when we make a sale, usually doesnt include avionics or weapon systems. i think they strip all that shit out.

Depends on who we sell it to. Japan, Israel, and a couple others are all working together with USAF on keeping the electronics packages of the F-16 going until at least 2020.