Roll Cage Prices? Reccomendations

TurboNova

I am contemplating a 10 point cage that will certify while the nova is sitting this winter. Anyone have personal experiences with a builder? What ball park pricing to expect with most of interior removed. Not sure If I want to do any chassis work to the car but might do something as far as mini tub with builder as well.

Guest 614Streets

Pat Martin was working at Grashel Fabrication when I had my ten point installed. When I had my rear suspension bar and 12 point subframe bars put in Pat Martin did the work.

Grashels has been closed for years. Martin races 2 drag race cars professionally and runs a private chassis fab shop.

I think I could weld in the cage no problems, but I have just heard that the "box kit" cages dont really fit all that great and then the whole notching thing I am not sure of. I did call Pat Martin and talked to him for like 15-20 min and he seemed like a real good guy. I am going out to his shop here next week. If anyone has anymore suggestions for me to call id appreciate it.

if you ever decide to road track down the road then the jeg's kit won't cut it. most nhra cages won't cut it since they are made of HREW steel. well worth the extra money to have your cage built in DOM. if you have tinman do the cage for you he will know all about what you need.

I would have to look at the book again but mild cages can be mig welded for my understanding, but I really dont plan on doing mine. When I select a builder I will have to discuss DOM steel cages and all my options so it is done right the first time. This car will never see a road course I dont think

Um jegs cages are dom. nhra requires it.

no they don't, i called and asked he back shop. nhra only requires HREW. which is what jegs uses. go look inside the tubing and you will see the ridge. also DOM is about $3 more a foot than HREW.

my s10 cage is a jegster kit. plus a few bars. 8.50 cert all it needs for a full 7.50 is a funny car cage installed. wich aint happenin cause the doors are so short. id have to pay a midget to get in it and sit them up on a booster seat to see over the dash. and give them prostetic legs to reach the pedels. easier if i drive and keep it 8.50s