Disabling VATS...

2 Sweet

I need to disable the VATS anti-theft bullshit on my '92 Camaro. Every once in a while it won't start, and I have to wait 5 minutes for the computer to reset before it will start.

I've read that you can cut a couple wires in the harness in the steering column, measure the OHMS, buy the necessary resistor, and jump the wires leading to the VATS module with the resistor. This seems very cheap and simple enough, but I wanted to hear your guys thoughts before I go cutting shit up.

I know the contacts in the ignition switch can go bad, and the car is almost 20 years old and has 207k miles, so it would make sense. Would the switch itself be what is causing the problem?

I've read that you can cut a couple wires in the harness in the steering column, measure the OHMS, buy the necessary resistor, and jump the wires leading to the VATS module with the resistor. This seems very cheap and simple enough, but I wanted to hear your guys thoughts before I go cutting shit up.

done it many times. measure the resistance of the chip in the key and get that resistor from radio shack.

i have done this a thousand times. a resistor is great to use. but if they go bad, ur fucked. ive done it that way tons of time and very few have came back. i would advise using remote start bypass. because if u cut the vats and resistor goes bad ur fucked.