gas tank help.

pontiacfreak142

If you are going to remove the tank to repair, there are a few companies that make products which seal the entire tank. These products will also seal any holes you have yet ti find given they arent alreay to bad. The products do last for a decent amount of time depending on quality. And as stated you need to drop the tank to use the products correctly and help ensure a godd seal.

you didnt prep it correctly if the gas ate right through it

i followed the directions. sanded and cleaned the area, applied and let set for about 9 hours. so unless i missed a step or you having something else i could try to get it to stick better?

Guest 614Streets
i followed the directions. sanded and cleaned the area, applied and let set for about 9 hours. so unless i missed a step or you having something else i could try to get it to stick better?

I would let it cure 24 hours and make sure the area is well prepped (sanded , brake clean). I have had luck with it sealing a gas tank of mine for 5 years now.