need machine work done. who do you recomend and why gen 1 sbc

Mattsv8

Ive used humphrys for everything untill this motor. his equipment is very old. proably not spot on. but i will say my nos motor has been everything tunnelram spray, single carb spray, na, blower all with 12.4 :1 compression for 12yrs.

i want this block to be done with newer equipment and people who know how to use it.

i was looking at fowlers.

Guest 614Streets
Hey matt which Dart block did you get? I am buying a dart block also probably a little m. Locally I have always used Fowlers. But I may being going with shafiroff and then turning to my friend at all pro to top her off.

my biggest concern is it being reliable. i assemble all my motors i just need the bore hone and decking done. the rest will be all me as usual. i figure if my stock block in the s10 has lasted 3 seasons at 8.90s. 9.0s i could make the dart last for a few more going 8.50s. and 8.90s. depending on wich heads up race im at. the motors uve had done at these shops how long did they last. and did they build them or u?????

Hey matt which Dart block did you get? I am buying a dart block also probably a little m. Locally I have always used Fowlers. But I may being going with shafiroff and then turning to my friend at all pro to top her off.

the dart block for the s10 is the dart sportsman block. its a 350 and will have the same internals as my current 357.

the camaro gets the little m. 400" base block.

my biggest concern is it being reliable. i assemble all my motors i just need the bore hone and decking done. the rest will be all me as usual. i figure if my stock block in the s10 has lasted 3 seasons at 8.90s. 9.0s i could make the dart last for a few more going 8.50s. and 8.90s. depending on wich heads up race im at. the motors uve had done at these shops how long did they last. and did they build them or u?????

Machine work was done at M&M, Assembled by the hand of god, Rob L.

They are legit.

Hey Matt, I used Doug Mann at Mann's Performance in Newark. He's awesome and my motor was so nice and clean. He actually assembled the bottom end for me, but I buttoned it up with the oil pan. It was all so clean...and he does have some pretty nice and newer equipment. I was told he's one the best here for stroker applications and the aftermarket blocks. I also use a Dart little M 400" base block.

Just my 2cents :)

later

isint bes bishoff. ford dude? i had a friend do a motor their and i could have made more power for way less than he was charged.

They build some bad ass chevy engines. The black malibu that won the true street race at marion had a bes engine in it. Brian the guy that run the shop has a killer pump gas nova that runs well into the 9's. They did my machine work on my motor and it was top notch.

didnt the malibu break after that little street car event im looking for something a little more reliable and a lot faster. lol just dissin bes. ive never had no work done there so i cant say if its good or not. but for the money they charged my friend for a engine. i could have killed with more power tq and reliablility. but this isint really a engine build thread just a machine shop one. so id guess they have some of the best equipment. and could do a bang up job

i called fowlers they arent bad prices at all. deck 136 bore 132 tq plate hone 186 resize mains if need b 24. plus they will check lifter bores too.