how do i re-light my old gravity furnace?

Ramsey

Have model or manuf info? Alot of these use different steps to light them.

williamson flo heat. shit is prolly 50 years old, tiny house... i will try to find a model number.

could i be getting co2 in the house? should i be worried?

the solenoid looking valve with the black button is what you want. hold that button down while trying to ligh the pilot wich should be just inside the burner chamber where the gas feed goes in. after you light the pilot you'll need to hold that black button for sixty seconds or so untill it warms the thermocouple enough to keep the valve open

I just want to say good luck getting that thik out when you decide to upgrade to forced air. I had to cut it up partially with an angle grinder and sawzall just to get it up the stairs and through the door then finish cutting it up the rest of the way outside with and angle grinder. those things are beastly.

we got it lit, burners are going, but it doesnt seem to be shutting off... going to replace the wall thermo stat. the thermo couple was broke, might not be the only problem. the thermostatic gas valve doesnt seem to be closing.

If the heat exchange is cracked you could be getting co2 into the house, as old as it is, it's a possibility. The thermocouple wouldn't be the reason it wont shut off, it could be the gas valve. Best thing to do is replace the furnace. It's not the safest furnace and you're just throwing money away running it because it's so low efficient. You could put a high efficient furnace in and it would pay itself off in 2 years. I happen to know a guy that is the lead for change outs and does great work that could save you $1000+ on the install and equipment if that's the route you wanna go. Right now though, i would suggest getting a cO detector to put in your living room or bedroom or wherever you spend the most time in your house, just to be safe. I'll PM you more info in a minute