Wtb: HID kit

Jizzle Juice

Check these guys out (http://www.theretrofitsource.com). Great guys, local pickup (they'll generally cut you a deal for a local, cash deal) and they offer both cheap and expensive solutions.

My high dollar Philips bulbs in the Audi finally went out after 7+ years of use and I picked up their low end replacement 6k bulbs for $40 from them recently. Very happy with them.

Andy

Check these guys out (http://www.theretrofitsource.com). Great guys, local pickup (they'll generally cut you a deal for a local, cash deal) and they offer both cheap and expensive solutions.

My high dollar Philips bulbs in the Audi finally went out after 7+ years of use and I picked up their low end replacement 6k bulbs for $40 from them recently. Very happy with them.

Andy

+1 to this as well. They helped me out bunches when I did a retrofit in my car.

if you get a 55watt kit, make sure to get the harness with it

if you get a 35 watt kit you wont need one..

and choose between 4300 - 6000k

any less will be yellow and less light output, any more will be ricer blue and less light outpue

if you get a 55watt kit, make sure to get the harness with it

if you get a 35 watt kit you wont need one..

and choose between 4300 - 6000k

any less will be yellow and less light output, any more will be ricer blue and less light outpue

unless you get the 55w bump it up one. I have 6000k 35w low and 8000k 55w high. they look almost identical

So is that all there is to it? Find the proper bulb for your application and mount the ballast? Seems like it would be harder/more expensive.

Cost me $120 (including shipping) for a 35w kit 9006 and 55w 9005 kit and a harness for the 55w kit. I did not have to cut ANY factory wires. About 1 hour after I started everything was tucked, zip tied and mounted to my satisfaction. I really wish I would have done it sooner. I could not be happier with the result.

Oh and to top it off.....LIFETIME WARRANTY....1 bulb goes out, they replace both.

Does anyone have pics of the DDM tuning kit on a fbody with the stock housings? How does that work? What are fbodys guys doing for housings?

From what I have seen it works the same for all housings, it is just a bulb replacement. The ballast is about 10" away from the bulb on the harness and you just mount it wherever you want.