CR Top Gear Challenge

Draco-REX

Ok, I originally wanted to start a 'Ring board, but I know a lot of people don't like the ring because it's so long. So how about the Top Gear test track? Pretty much everyone here must know it by now. So here's the plan. There are four classes, each with certain limitations. All times will be done in Practice Mode, World Tracks, Top Gear Test Track (Sunny).

General Rules:

Best time must be a clean time. It should show up in the laptimes at the track's home screen. If you complete a lap and it comes up red on the right of your screen, it's a bad lap.

The only Mod allowed in all classes is a brake bias controller because it cannot be removed. I have no idea why, but that's how GT5 is.

Driving aids can only be used if the car originally came with them. Then they can be used or shut off. This includes ABS. (This means no driver aids in the 08+ F1 cars!)

Reasonably Priced Car Class (RPCC):

This is in the spirit of the Reasonably Priced Car segment on Top Gear. I chose the Cervo because there was no Liarna in the game. It's just over 14K Cr so as GT goes, it's reasonably priced too. It's also a Premium car, so anyone can buy it without having to wait for it to come around in the used car lot.

Car:

Suzuki Cervo SR '07

Rims/Tires:

Stock

Mods:

None

Production Street Class (PSC):

This is a class for your lightly tuned street car. Think DD that you take to the track. So the cars must be conceivably street-legal.

Car:

Any car produced and sold to the general public for street use. No track-cars (i.e. Zonda-R), no race cars.

Rims/Tires:

No Racing Slicks

Any rims

Mods:

Sports air filter

Sports exhaust

ECU tune

Production Modified Class (PMC):

This class is for production cars with no limit to modding except for race mod. This is for cars that started life on a showroom floor and are now trailered track-beasts.

Car:

Any car produced and sold to the general public for street use. No track-cars (i.e. Zonda-R), no race cars.

Rims/Tires:

Any

Mods:

No Race Mod

Any other mod is allowed.

Open Class (OC):

The class where anything goes.... except for the Red Bull X1. This would become a one-make class otherwise.

Cars:

No Red Bull X1 (the final car from the Sebastian Vettel Challenge)

Rims/Tires:

Any

Mods:

Any

So here are some quick times I laid down just to get started. I didn't put much time into them, I'm sure they'll be surpassed:

RPCC:

1:45.402

PSC:

Dodge Challenger SRT8

1:22.080

PMC:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640-4 SuperVeloce

1:07.613

OC:

Toyota Corolla Rally Car '98

1:13.962

ok so if you can do anything you want in OC, then why did you run a slower car/time than your PMC car?

I just worked with what I had in my garage. That was the best race car I had laying around. The Corolla RC handled twice as good as the Murci. It only has about a third of the power of the big lambo. So If I actually did some engine and turbo work to it, I could easily see it beating it around the track.