Who has Satellite TV?

dover

So my folks got Direct TV (This isnt a thread on why they should have got this or that I don't care) My question is this:

They have 3 Receivers for 3 rooms but how do we get satellite TV to the other TV's in the house with out having to buy another receiver and pay more a month? I have heard of things you can by at radio shack but I don't know what exactly.

I don't know if it works anymore, but way back in the day the TV in my room didn't have a receiver, but it was hooked up to the main receiver. So whatever was being watch on that one, I had to watch. So I think it is possible.

We have directv now, and in the kitchen we have the basic receiver, which you can get for pretty cheap.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=directv+basic+receiver&um=1&biw=996&bih=425&ie=UTF-8&cid=7571392919240210263&ei=j4kKTen7HsH98Abqu6WfAQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAA#

I have Dish. They have a Dual Mode HD DVR Receiver that you can plug 2 tv's into, but the remote control has to be able to reach the receiver. It's really only good if you have the 2 tv's in the same room. This works for me because I run 3 tv's during football season and only need 2 boxes.

You should be able to run a splitter after the box, before the TV and split off to another TV. Both TVs will get the same feed from the receiver. This would be the only way I know to feed two TVs from one receiver. What you might add to it is a wireless remote extender so you can change channels on the receiver while in the other room.

I told them not to get freaking DirecTV, it is so damn complicated just to be able to watch TV in multiple rooms if you have more then 3-4 TV's. But of course my mother a technology challenged woman signed a 2 year deal with those bastards at DirecTV. The people that bought the house were retarded and told them that is the only thing that was offered at the property. They also said they weren't able to get internet. WRONG. I went ahead and called Time Warner and internet will be installed next Tuesday. Wish they would have called me prior cause I would have had them set their cable up with Time Warner as well. I had it at my house and loved it. Fucking satellite. So it appears I'll have to buy a box? What are these Cards you speak of Jason?

They're called cable cards. The tv provider puts them in their boxes so they are authorized to receive their service. Some tvs have slots for them too. They'll still cost more monthly if the tv is the only device that needs it. They're also used if you own you're own dvr or other equipment. Which with the way the digital technology for tv service works now, is a waste of money to buy because you'll still have to rent their card and if the device gets out dated you can only record the channel you watch

My parents have has the dish and they call when they want it turned on and off. Its only on and they are charged when they are in the other house. Saves alot vs. having service when nobody is there for months ata time. Maybe this is the way to go with you as well.