Computer Help - No Sound

TTQ B4U

Okay....this has happened before, and a simple reboot normally fixes it but not this time.

I reboot my main PC every couple days. Today it booted but popped up the Device not found window....turns out it's my sound card or something related.

Here's a screen shot of the device manager and other tips that might lead someone with a better understanding to a possible answer. Simply asking windows to search and find it resulted in nothing found.

Where do I go from here? How do I know what drivers/card I have to go find and reinstall?

Thanks for any help.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/131444179/original.jpg

Try going to sony's website. They have a "detect your model" that will scan your computer and come back with the driver's that are for your computer.

I think this link might work.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER&PRODTYPE=1

Thanks man! I'll give it a try and report back.

tim, what was the file you downloaded? was it a zip file? if so, extract them somewhere youll remember. when that prompt to search for drivers appears, select browse your computer. now somewhere in that folder you unzipped is an .inf file. select the correct .inf file and it will install via that window.

or if its a .exe file you downloaded, just running it should install the drivers.

thats about all i got without actually looking.

tim, what was the file you downloaded? was it a zip file? if so, extract them somewhere youll remember. when that prompt to search for drivers appears, select browse your computer. now somewhere in that folder you unzipped is an .inf file. select the correct .inf file and it will install via that window.

or if its a .exe file you downloaded, just running it should install the drivers.

thats about all i got without actually looking.

The Sony site downloads and executable. There are two. I've tried both.

The first here evidently resolved an issue I never had. Neither worked though. I'm going to have to perhaps look at the Creative site.

Creative® Sound Blaster® Audio Driver

01/05/2004

11.35 MB

This utility installs the Creative® Sound Blaster® Audio Driver to resolve the issue where the Digital Out CO-AX Port of the Audigy card does not play sound with the Yamaha TSS-1 Speakers.

Original - Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® Device Driver

10/06/2003

10.67 MB

Lock this one up as a day's worth of troubleshooting but one that finally led to success.

Sony support is amazing. This is the second time in the past 5-6 years I've had to call them, but they are all US Based and very, very helpful. Dude just remoted into my PC and fixed it right up for No Charge!

Page I should have turned was to just boot in safe mode, reinstall the driver and then reboot. Duh! Works just fine. Not sure exactly what happened, but it appears that AVG did something as that's the only thing that changed and required me to reboot.