Thoughts on laminate wood flooring??

Putty

that floor and decor store is the shit..

and putty if you need and air tools.. like brad nailer or stapler for your base board i have them and your welcome to borrow them. also i have circular saw, jigsaw, table saw if you need them as well.

my suggestion is that if you are putting it near a front door or something that will get some water, use a glue in the seams closest to the door just to help keep it more water tight.. or so i have been told..

i did 80% of my home in laminent and love it, especially with 3 dogs... everything else is tile. so it works out pretty good for what i needed. i wanted real wood, but knew it would get tore up with the dogs.

that bamboo looks great! it wont be bad at all to install.

Hey, thanks a lot. I really appreciate the offering. I think Evan has all the tools needed. I am hoping I don't need to remove my baseboards...just get close enough then 1/4 round the gap. Yeah this bamboo I am set on. I intend to do my whole lower level over time. What you said at the glue in the seam...They suggested that to me as well.

Thanks!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the laminate you showed in the first post, we have the 1st one in our dining and hallway. We love it. We have three dogs and a baby. We have had no problems with it and it looks as new as the day we installed it about three years ago. Super easy to clean. We paid .99/sq. ft. at Rite Rug and paid a friend to lay it.