Beretta 92fs

Adam

Am I being too super army hooah for wanting one of these. Pretty much I am wanting something in 9mm, and my thinking is if I am going to get something I might as well get something I can familiarize myself for work. Is there something out there that I should get that would have some kind of selling point that would trump that line of thinking?

I have always liked them, and it is kind of a hooah army-guy thing to do, but I guess it kinda makes sense. It never hurts to familiarize yourself with something you might need to use to save your life.

The 92FS was my first major purchase with my McDonald's money... waaaay back in the day. I didn't buy a car until I was 17 because I blew all of my money on that gun.

Am I being too super army hooah for wanting one of these. Pretty much I am wanting something in 9mm, and my thinking is if I am going to get something I might as well get something I can familiarize myself for work. Is there something out there that I should get that would have some kind of selling point that would trump that line of thinking?

Stick with the factory mags, and they're pretty good pistols. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm very familiar with them. They'll shoot about as straight as you can shoot. Personally, I hope more of the Sig 226's work their way around the Army more. Saw a fair share of them being carried by Army officers in Afghanistan.

You can also look at the Beretta 96 it's the same gun but a .40 I owned one of those and had no complaints. IIRC I picked it up as a police trade in at vances for around $300 it just had alot of holster wear.

Yeah I seen those, but I have an xdm .40 that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with, just wanted to pick up a different caliber

Yeah I seen those, but I have an xdm .40 that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with, just wanted to pick up a different caliber

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but if you can't shoot well with the XDM, what makes you think the 92F will be better??

For me, it doesn't seem to matter which pistol or caliber I'm shooting, I shoot about the same size (too big!) groups.

Its not as bad as I am saying, just doesn't have the group I would like to have, which would be shot touching shot. Its just a running joke, because some of the people I shoot with are a lot better than I am(doesn't make up for the rifle shooting though)

no tard

why

Adam I'll have my Delta buddy get a hold of you, he goes handgun shooting at some indoor range down there all the time. Maybe you just need more practice

that would be cool, i really dont shoot enough down here

why not? only thing I can come up with is they feel a little thick in my hand, but I do like the way it feels

I can't say I enjoy the external safety personally. I don't like the double action pull for the first shot. (Meaning, drawing from holster, taking off safe, and firing. The way the Army deems the proper way.) I like the Sig decocker personally a lot more than the external thumb safety that the Beretta's have. Being in SUV's almost 90% of the time, I was always finger fucking my M9 to see what position that damn safety was in. Most of the time I was red with the safety off (Round in the chamber for civilians) which made it a point and draw weapon. Taking the weapon off safe after the draw, breaks your grip even for just a split second. But, I borrow my dad's 92F if I want to get a little brush up on the M9 style pistol. I put a set of hogue grips on mine, and it made a world of difference to me.

Thats what I am saying, if you are getting GI form you might as well get the real one. Otherwise it must have picitany rails every where, adjustable grips for the night sights, and compensator's for the ejection ports. You know the basics