Android people, tablet for training staff?

paktinat

We have a bunch of people at work who are buying Android based devices and expecting some level of IT support with the device.

My idea was for the department to buy an android based tablet to let the support staff play with and become familiar with the OS.

My question for you Android people is, are the tablets a good indication of the phone OSs? Would it be a good device to let people learn how to use it and set it up on an email system? Which tablet is the one to have?

Also, if anyone know the answer to the same question but with iPhone/iPad, please let me know too.

thanks.

Right now the best tablet would be the Galaxy tab, but with Android 3.0 being released just around the corner, which is designed specifically for tablets I would wait for that.

This will be the mother of all tablets:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/01/07/ces-2011-motorola-xoom-honeycomb-tablet-coming-to-the-uk-too-motorola-xoom-android-tablet-confirmed-for-the-uk-rest-of-world-also-waiting-anxiously/

Runner up:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/t-mobile-g-slate-revealed-at-ces-press-event/

The problem with any the Galaxy tablet is that it runs on Samsung's modified android, known as TouchWiz, which is the same as the Galaxy S phones. It's not pure android, so probably not the best way to make people familiar with android. Then Android 3.0 is completely different than 2.1-2.3.

Right now to get an android tablet that runs vanilla android (the way google makes it) is quite a task. They are mostly crappy chinese made devices that run on outdated versions of Android.