Manufacturing in the US

Hwilli1647545487

I guess are both right and what I am learning in my MBA program is wrong. I don't see any link between what he is saying and what I am saying.

Its ok I dont expect you too. Difference in opinion. You have yours and I have mine and that is what makes our country great we can debate this and other things like this openly without fear of our Government doing anything to us.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people in these countries realize they are getting the shaft as far as their rights, they are going to freak out. This will lead to a STOP IN THEIR PROGRESS BECAUSE THEY WILL START TO KILL EACH OTHER. THERE WILL BE NO FUTHER PRODUCTION BECAUSE THE WORKERS WILL BE FIGHTING THE GOVERNMENT.

This is where I have to disagree with you. A couple of things that make me think this will not happen. First, people "getting the shaft" as far as rights is a relative thing. Countries like India, China, Pakistan, many in South America do not have a good history of treatment for the average citizen. What we see as a violation of their rights may not be ideal, but it is better than living in a poor town outside of a city with no sanitation, electricity, education, etc... If this weren't true there would be no migration towards large industrial areas in these developing countries.

As far as workers fighting the government, I don't see that as likely either. As many know, China is good at keeping their people in order (now that they are pro-capitalism without being pro-capitalism lol), and from my experience in South America the attitude of many people is not at all like we would expect here. Not always, but in many instances, the people are accustomed to a life of suffering, and would rather hold on to what they have, knowing even though it isn't ideal it's better than it could be, than risk it to fight a seemingly all powerful government.

In China, for example, I think we would have seen a more successful Cultural Revolution (Mao) if the working class Chinese really had the power and anger towards capitalism that Mao tried, unsuccessfully, to capitalize on.