Dual Wideband Rig Recommendation ?

Mr. Jones

No offense- but

Nothing on your current 'whips' list needs any such set up.

LOL

Thanks JP, I'm not sure if you saw the title, but this is not about stuffing a 4G into a tin can, a little off topic for you I know.

PS: this is for the B5 S4, do elaborate as to why I don't need it. I would find it useful for at a glance reassurance during pulls.

Guest 614Streets
When I talked with Fast they said the evac would mess with the A/F and to mount them upstream. I was also concerned about leaded fuel and they said it will shorten the life but most racers only run them to tune then take them out until they need to tune again. The headers are ceramic coated and I need to find out how to mount the sensor bung also.

I have the evacs on mine and run a AEM wideband. Can you dial it in w/o the one side evac and then pull it and cap the bung afterwards and rehook the evac.... Thats what I am going to do.

LOL

Thanks JP, I'm not sure if you saw the title, but this is not about stuffing a 4G into a tin can, a little off topic for you I know.

PS: this is for the B5 S4, do elaborate as to why I don't need it. I would find it useful for at a glance reassurance during pulls.

Brosef-

IT would take me 2 pages to list the cars/engine I have assembled/tuned/wrenched on, but JUST in tuning experience, I have dealt with AEM (For Mitsu, Ford, and Hondas, ProEFI, DSMlink, RoM Burning for Mitsu, Nissan (fixing bad Jim Wolf tunes), and Bosch ECU's, Motec M2R, M400/600, S300, Chrome, 034, AutronickSm4, Ecu Editor (Suzuki) Powercomanner PCII, and IIIusb, Megasquirt Pre-fab and built it yourself, and Simple shit ike AFC I, II, and NEO, Translators on DSM's and Buicks.... and some Im forgetting.

Also, I think its safe to say I have made more power with Trucks, Cars, and Bikes, than anything in you line up. Its safe to say, I'm more qualified to answer this question than you are to question my answer.

Also, I am very good friends with the man that has, arguable (would not be much of an argument) the Fastest, and highest horsepower street S4 in the whole god damn country. You know how many wide-bands it has logging, and displayed so as you say "find it useful for at a glance reassurance during pulls. " Zero. Not a fucking one. You know how many times it has fucked up being flogged and DD'd at near 800 whp? Zero. Not fucking once.

My philosophy is simple one; Different is cool, and going fast for nothing, reliable, is the proverbial holy grail-but never over-think the machine, and you'll never forget where your going or where you came from.

In that mindset, the answer of why, in my opinion, you don't need 2 widebands, or wideband readings visible at all times should be easy one to decipher. Unless you are trying to make north of 800whp, and/or have full control of all cylinder load fueling parameters separately (in which case you should have a pyrometer in each tube anyways) I feel its not necessary.

But if you are into blinky gauges to look at making you feel like your in a real bonified race car, by all means have at it. In that case I'd recommend the AED UEGO-usability, and bling factor are unmatched at the price point. And, you can add a wideband controller to log both banks at once without the use of the FM unit.

Brosef-

All in good fun Jones. :)

Brosef-

IT would take me 2 pages to list the cars/engine I have assembled/tuned/wrenched on, but JUST in tuning experience, I have dealt with AEM (For Mitsu, Ford, and Hondas, ProEFI, DSMlink, RoM Burning for Mitsu, Nissan (fixing bad Jim Wolf tunes), and Bosch ECU's, Motec M2R, M400/600, S300, Chrome, 034, AutronickSm4, Ecu Editor (Suzuki) Powercomanner PCII, and IIIusb, Megasquirt Pre-fab and built it yourself, and Simple shit ike AFC I, II, and NEO, Translators on DSM's and Buicks.... and some Im forgetting.

Also, I think its safe to say I have made more power with Trucks, Cars, and Bikes, than anything in you line up. Its safe to say, I'm more qualified to answer this question than you are to question my answer.

Also, I am very good friends with the man that has, arguable (would not be much of an argument) the Fastest, and highest horsepower street S4 in the whole god damn country. You know how many wide-bands it has logging, and displayed so as you say "find it useful for at a glance reassurance during pulls. " Zero. Not a fucking one. You know how many times it has fucked up being flogged and DD'd at near 800 whp? Zero. Not fucking once.

My philosophy is simple one; Different is cool, and going fast for nothing, reliable, is the proverbial holy grail-but never over-think the machine, and you'll never forget where your going or where you came from.

In that mindset, the answer of why, in my opinion, you don't need 2 widebands, or wideband readings visible at all times should be easy one to decipher. Unless you are trying to make north of 800whp, and/or have full control of all cylinder load fueling parameters separately (in which case you should have a pyrometer in each tube anyways) I feel its not necessary.

But if you are into blinky gauges to look at making you feel like your in a real bonified race car, by all means have at it. In that case I'd recommend the AED UEGO-usability, and bling factor are unmatched at the price point. And, you can add a wideband controller to log both banks at once without the use of the FM unit.

All in good fun Jones. :)

Wow, I was hoping for a long winded reply, but you really came through..

<3

;)

My reasoning is simple, I have tune that permits the use of a MBC. At times i'd like to throw some fun gas in and turn up the wic a few PSI more, I'd like to know where I stand without whipping out the VAGCOM and logging for CV/ KV.

Bling has nothing to do with it, I like the idea behind the FJO with 1 little gauge, that shows the leanest of the 2 banks.

Is it an overkill for this car especially with the magical self correcting self preserving ECU which is the ME7.0? Probably..

Could it hurt? NO

Could it save my anus one day if an injector goes south or god forbid I get an odd leak in the inlet piping ? Maybe...

I don't think a boost gauge & 1 wideband is a "bling overkill".

Your admirer from the south,

Jones.

Not sure if its out or what but AEM had on display some full race manifold with widebands in each runner. Might check into that

I'd toss K04's on it, mail in a tune by someone with a German name, and never worry about it again.:cool:

But yes, as I mentioned AEM has some new things out that may work for you. Some people dont like them-I think the unit as a whole works well.

I have the evacs on mine and run a AEM wideband. Can you dial it in w/o the one side evac and then pull it and cap the bung afterwards and rehook the evac.... Thats what I am going to do.

Never thought about doing it that way but that would work.