FS: AWD beater

JaSSon

1993 Red Mitsu Eclipse GSX. Asking ~$1200.

It DOES start and run, but it needs a new ECU and battery. It currently has a 4G63-NT (Non-Turbo) ecu in it. The suspension is a little...soft. Rust is pretty minimal: small areas on the front fenders, just starting on the rear driver side. I don't know when the timing belt/water pump was last serviced, but the belt is intact. Brakes make noise from sitting and the parking brake cables are frozen, also leaks some oil. SO FAR AS I KNOW, the battery and ecu are the only major issues with the car.

Has sunroof, power windows, power mirrors, fairly nice Kenwood in-dash with Pioneer fronts & Infinity rears, iPod/iPhone connector.

Mods:

Shep stage 2 trans with higher OD gear

ACT 2700 clutch (a little heavy for street use I think)

Upper intercooler hard pipes

Electronic boost controller

Turbo timer (disabled, needs parking brake)

Buschur catless DP back exhaust, 2.5" I think (flex pipe leaks)

Hacked stock MAF

I replaced Trans, transfer case, and diff fluids with Redline fluids.

I think that's it.

Like new all season tires on Talon stock rims, new plugs.

I have a Supra side mount I'll include. Will require lower ICP and bracket fabbed. Also will throw in an EPROM ECU that seems to be dead.

See my album for pics, it's covered in snow right now.

A GOOD working 91-94 turbo ecu can take some searching, shouldn't be too hard to find tho. Yes, it drives as is, I'm not sure I'd take it far or into boost. It idles rough and high and knocks in the low end.

Yes, 5 speed car.

I am in Reynoldsburg.

Really?

Is this a logged timing related detonation, or a F-in Rod knock?!?!

It knocks a little at idle and on decel (if you take it below the NA ECU's weirdly high idle) because it has the entirely wrong ECU in it. And it has the wrong ecu in it because 1G ECUs are all 17+ years old. I'll only buy a 100% known good ecu that came out of a running car. It's not rod knock. Now JP, either come up with my asking price ($1200, incase you missed that part of my thread too) or fuck off.

Edit: and the detonation (not rod knock) is mild. Just trying to be honest about the car.

In JaSSon's defense, not that he needs my help (lol), I did speak with him yesterday about the car. He could not have been more honest about everything and did answer all of my questions. (and there were many...) He was even half asleep when I called and was still nice and honest. Hopefully I'll be able to check the car out soon. I can't imagine an NA DSM ECU on a turbo car would just run without many of the issues he is describing. Is it possible that there are more issues with the car? Sure... but he literally sat and went through inch by inch of the car with me on the phone describing the good and bad points and probably wasn't awake enough to function! Sorry again about that bro! lol His honesty was refreshing.

Pavo

In JaSSon's defense, not that he needs my help (lol), I did speak with him yesterday about the car. He could not have been more honest about everything and did answer all of my questions. (and there were many...) He was even half asleep when I called and was still nice and honest. Hopefully I'll be able to check the car out soon. I can't imagine an NA DSM ECU on a turbo car would just run without many of the issues he is describing. Is it possible that there are more issues with the car? Sure... but he literally sat and went through inch by inch of the car with me on the phone describing the good and bad points and probably wasn't awake enough to function! Sorry again about that bro! lol His honesty was refreshing.

Pavo

This would be a good start back "Into the Game" for you.

Wow Aaron I haven't seen your name around pertaining to dsm's for a long time. I think we're both overdue to get back into some fun with these cars. I'm really thinking about getting back into them. I want this one as well but I won't have my money for about another month so i'll probably miss out on this one. If you do get it i'd love to help ya turn some wrench on it for free to get my feet wet again. One idea may be to pick up an ecu and take it with you to try the car out properly before you buy. The ecu would either be returnable or easily sellable as they're not exactly on every corner nowadays. Before I get in trouble, sorry for getting off topic a bit fellas. Edited by FST94TSI
Appology

I am interested if none of the other buyers will be interested, ill keep an eye on the thread, if its still up for grabs this week or early next I should have the cash together. Id have to drive it bout hour and half, should it be towed or will it limp it if need be. I can probobly come up with a turbo ecu also.