ERIC YETZER CANCER BENEFIT DINNER

Hwilli1647545487

ERIC YETZER CANCER BENEFIT DINNER

A fundraiser has been set up for Eric Yetzer, 33, formerly of Shelby, who has been battling cancer for the last 6 months. He has a very aggressive form of cancer that started in his colon and spread to his liver. It doesn’t appear as though the tumors are shrinking from the chemotherapy that he has undergone since the end of July. After getting a second opinion, he has finally found a team of doctors who have agreed to do surgery. It will be a very difficult surgery lasting up to 10 hours. It will be followed by another surgery one month later, to complete the process. All in hopes of getting Eric closer to cancer free. He will still undergo more chemo and probably radiation after surgery. Eric has a long hard road ahead of him, but he is staying strong and positive.

Everyone asks, “What can we do to help?” Up till this point the only thing requested has been prayer.

With the beginning of this New Year, comes new deductibles, co-pays, etc. His wife, Sarah, has used up her vacation time with the previous hospital stay, tests, and chemo appointments, etc. Her work is willing to give her time off without pay. It is very important to Eric to have her by his side during this very difficult time in their lives.

These are the reasons for this fundraiser. If we can ease the stress of the incoming bills for Eric and Sarah it would be so helpful.

Eric was raised in Shelby and attended St. Mary’s grade school, Shelby Middle School and graduated from Shelby Senior High School in 1997. He is the son of Allen and Sue Yetzer of Taylortown Rd. The grandson of Harold & Mary Yetzer and Jim & Teresa Hicks.

A spaghetti supper benefit dinner is planned for Eric at the Shelby Senior Center, on Friday Jan. 28th from 4:00pm-7:00pm. There will be a silent auction/raffle at the supper. There has also been an account set up at Richland Bank in Eric’s name for donations.

We hope to see you at the supper!!

Sincerely,

Eric’s Family

Contact information: Home: 419 347-6247 or cell: 419 689-1284

Sue & Al Yetzer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if there is paypal address being setup, or if you can drop off a donation at IPS or what. I'll let Jeff/Mike chime in on that.

I know I have been in talks with Mike about helping out with something local for us, but I dont have any details on it yet.

H

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry I have not been on here all that much, alot of things been going on. I was going to let Jeff keep up on this and im sure he will chime in when he feels better. But just for a update they did not do sugery the liver is worse then they thought. So i will be going back on chemo till it gets to the point to be able to do surgery. I want to thank you all for the prayers and if anyone comes up this friday to shelby please say hi to me before you leave. Thanks again for all the help.

The address of the Senior center is 154 north Gamble St. Shelby ohio 44875

P.S. Thanks Howard for posting this up

What kind of things are up for auction?

There is everything from OSU-autographed football's to gift cards to Blue Jackets tickets to professional massages (Thanks Buzz!) to tool sets to a weekend at Old Man Cave (Hocking Hills) Chalet's. That is just a quick summary off the top of my head :)

Jeff

Lemme know about Paypal, I'll send something on behalf of CR.

If any CR members wanna donate via CR, lemme know we'll take collections.

Sorry Anthony but I missed this earlier. You can send it to the shop's Paypal addy at:

sales@ipsmotorsports.net

I will make sure that it gets to Eric from there. Thanks a lot for the offer. Eric doesn't really post all that much so I told him I would let you know how grateful he is for all the incredible donations he has received from the "Car Guys". He was at The James most of the day today and will be back tomorrow for an out-patient procedure. If all goes smooth he is really looking forward to seeing many of you that have been thinking about him / praying for him at the benefit dinner.

Thanks once again for the offer,

Jeff

Caravan from Columbus to Shelby? What time and where would/could we meet. I'm in and will see if I can get some things for raffle. If I leave from the office it would be from near Rickenbacker.

We will all be heading up from the shop. Since we are on the north-side of town anybody that wants to meet there is more than welcome.

Jeff