Coyote hunting tonight

oh8sti

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you calling?

I've tried all kinds of calling over the years and it doesn't seem to work. A good bait pile seems to do the trick. The packs tend to be pretty active.

Tonight I killed a coon, nothing special. The wind molested my hunt. Tomorrow I'm hoping for better wind.

theres a run over here by the tracks at lewis center road. when i lived at home i could hear those bitches just on the other side of the tracks. id say at least a half a dozen of em. Coon season is also in right now. Like coons, they aint gonna come to you mang. start walkin.

here is a pic of the first coyote i got from that spot, it was 42lber and shot in the head with a .243 at about 175-200yrds. These are not from last night, just a teaser to hold the bloodthirsty ones over.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v378/38/5/547872467/n547872467_1606028_4016.jpg

Shameless shirtless shot (SSS) holding the kill and weapon of death.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v378/38/5/547872467/n547872467_1606030_4420.jpg

I might not be out tonight cause im going to a rave party here in campus, but ill be out sunday night.

.243's are no joke for distance shooting. Dad caught a ground hog from around 400 yards when he was younger. Dropped just enough that it caught the ground hog low and split it's stomach/belly area and pretty much gutted it as it tried to run to it's hole.

Thanks for the invite asshole. Text me I wana pop one with my ar, and is my 308 to much? I can bring the 243 I just dialed in. CALL ME

It was kinda unplanned lol. A 308 isnt too much at all. If i had a 50 cal id use it. I dont give a flying fuck about the hide. I just wanna kill shit in a bad way.

coyotes in my yard almost every night that I'm out in my observatory. before I built it I'd just stand there listening to them while using my telescope for hours. They never felt the need to bother me.

They are all over Marengo... guess they decided to fuck with our neighbors hens the other night and ate them all. if I catch them on my property, I'm shotting at them with whatever I have even if it's just a pistol, don't want those fuckers ganging up on my dogs.

They are all over Marengo... guess they decided to fuck with our neighbors hens the other night and ate them all. if I catch them on my property, I'm shotting at them with whatever I have even if it's just a pistol, don't want those fuckers ganging up on my dogs.

They usually wont gang up on a dog but it has happened. We actually had a very large male that was staying behind my house last spring when two of my dads english setters were in heat. He didnt have the heart to shoot it because to him it looks to much like a dog. I tried twice couldnt get the shot either time. I would have loved to open it up with the 870 and deer slugs though :)

They usually wont gang up on a dog but it has happened. We actually had a very large male that was staying behind my house last spring when two of my dads english setters were in heat. He didnt have the heart to shoot it because to him it looks to much like a dog. I tried twice couldnt get the shot either time. I would have loved to open it up with the 870 and deer slugs though :)

I hear ya about not having the heart but I think my mind would be changed if it was attacking my dogs

I hear ya about not having the heart but I think my mind would be changed if it was attacking my dogs

Ya I kept calling dad a pussy because he wouldnt shoot it. Thats why I finaly made a few attempts. Im still young and blood thirsty so Ill kill anything it does not matter to me. Being that he is older and has a so called higher way of thinking about nature he has lost the taste of blood in his mouth and just looks at things in a different way I guess.

Never shot one but chased one through a field with my old 91 ranger while in High school

Used to do this all the time with friends of mine that lived down in Mt Sterling. Get 3 lifted trucks together and chane anything that we would find in the fields of the very very large farm. It would be so funny to see a group of 10 or so deer just scatter like flies when they would hear the 350's open up running on 36's just throwing mud everywhere.