33 Speed Lines

SJC1000rr

Just thought I would drop a line as the season is getting started. Anyone going down 33, The State Highway Patrol has a new set of speed lines on 33 between Pickerington Rd and Carrol. They are using an airplane and are out there hard between 2pm-4pm, but one should take caution all the time. Lets just say that I hadn't "noticed" this till yesterday....so anyone going to Hocking Hills or down south the quick way should slow down.

Heres a self made map of where they are roughly.

Speed%20Lines.JPG

Edited by SJC1000rr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Lancaster,

GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A RED-HOT IRON ROD.

Signed,

People with things to do and places to be and no time for your bullshit.

I'm still bitter about the BS ticket I got last year from them. Argh. Is it illegal to flip off these planes? I'd gladly give them the double-deuce while doing a cool 64 MPH. +rep for you for the post btw, I wouldn't have noticed them myself.

Also, that guy, where are they on 71? N or S of Columbus?

*edit*

Oops, jumped the gun a bit, I misjudged just how close those lines are to Lancaster...guess it wasn't necessarily their fault. Still, f that city.

Edited by Harb67

harb..they are from the 271 71 north merge(medina) all the southbound on 71 south until about a few miles south of 224/76 exit(near lodi)..on 224 they are from rt3. until rt 42 exit

You have got to be shitting me. How long have they been there? I take 271 to 71 to Columbus to get to OSU; I do that drive dozens of times a year and I never noticed them.

Not like they even need them though; Lodi is nothing but a hive of donut-munching "Yanno how fast you were going? Well I do, cuz I'm a prick" cops.

Never thought I'd do this, but you get positive rep for the heads-up :p

Good looking out man.

I live near there and can tell you, watch your speed on 33 anywhere in fairfreld county. The Lancaster branch has to be the busiest and best funded OHP in the state. They make ALOT o' money. 70-72 on the bypass and no more than 65 in the 60 is about all you will get away with and, unfortunately, if you dont see a OHP on 33 as you pass thru Fairfield County, it is the exception, not the norm.

BTW, dont expect one to stop to help you if you are broke down, they are too busy making $ for that.

i hate 33. go down that way all the time. now its gonna be even worse. I thought last friday that i was busted. damn close tho. was goin to the shooting range with a gun in my backpack. enjoying the decent weather riding. doin almost 65 in a 55. he pulled a uie right at coonpath rd. i about shit myself.. me got lucky i guess.

Am I retarded? what are these speed lines you talk of, I need insight.

Thanks

Lines painted on the side of the road that an airplane or helicopter can use to calculate your speed using the basic rate = distance x time equation. If you've ever seen Mythbusters, it's basically the same idea as the striped boards they use when filming slow-mo footage to determine the speeds of stuff.

So in short; they're another way to twist your arm for money.

They use to put the lines across the road, but now its just small segments. I didn't notice them till I got informed of my speed while following a train of traffic(I was the one to get picked out!?) They are only 1-2ft wide and 3ft long at the edges of the highway. Most of them are on the Eastbound traffic (towards lancaster), but there are few going towards Columbus. The troopers will wait on the West side of 33 across from Pleasantville Rd and when your speed gets called in...out they come and pull you over. When I went down and back, they had at least 1-4 cars pulled over at any given time.