F20c Motors. I cant comprehend.

neonkiller

So I have been doing some research on these Honda motors and scavenging the ends of the internets.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/neeman77/IMG_0024.jpg

Going over build threads, setups, tunes and the longevity of these motors and so far I am fucking stumped.

for example check this dudes setup out. +700hp daily's it... on e85.

Car has a custom ford 8.8 IRS

Head gasket finally letting go @ 762whp... http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=789823&st=100

Block has 96k on it @ this point....

The car also has a Haltech racepack dash....

Boost by gear and can monitor 28 reading over 4 pages with it with warning lights and signals for high and low.

Just wanted to update you guys. The car is going to be down for a little while. The motor ate a main bearing. Its possible that the pump might of gave out. Time for a built motor I guess. Everything else inside the motor looked mint. I thought a rod would shot out of the block or a damage ring land was going to be the fate of this motor. Oh well...

I'm just wondering is this motor the king of stock 4cyl's? There is a million kids everywhere making 400-600 on stock blocks with a head gasket on all these Honda forums.

I am just very impressed.

Unless Im proven otherwise. Anyone else read bout these motors?

F series motors are pretty stout to begin with, but I wouldnt call them the KING of 4 cylinders. The F20 motors came from the F22A/B motors in Preludes and Accords from the 90s to 1998 I beleive, iron sleeved with like 8.8: compression ( F22A/B motors) was ideal for boost.

The F20c motors took some of the F22 attributes ( including the 0 00 0 exhaust pattern in early heads) and they included a dual cam head and a better intake setup.

K20s will also make 600 on a bonestock motor as well. It's the trannys that can't hold in these cars at the power levels there at.

The f20c and f22c are completely different animals than the accord motors. They were completely redesigned and share almost nothing in common with the single cam motors

F series motors are pretty stout to begin with, but I wouldnt call them the KING of 4 cylinders. The F20 motors came from the F22A/B motors in Preludes and Accords from the 90s to 1998 I beleive, iron sleeved with like 8.8: compression ( F22A/B motors) was ideal for boost.

The F20c motors took some of the F22 attributes ( including the 0 00 0 exhaust pattern in early heads) and they included a dual cam head and a better intake setup.

The F20 has nothing in common with those F22 and F23 in the Accord and Prelude. They actually spin the opposite direction too.

IMHO, the F20 engine is like a big motorcycle engine.

The F20 has nothing in common with those F22 and F23 in the Accord and Prelude. They actually spin the opposite direction too.

IMHO, the F20 engine is like a big motorcycle engine.

I know they arent EXACTLY the same, but thats were the motor originated from. the Accord motor made torque where the F20c doesnt make any

Shanton too late bruh, its almost feb. You keep talking about C5s, then all this honduhhh crap. Id like to lock it in for €20 with your mystery car, cause frankly I don't think it will materialize.

First off this thread is to discuss the motor.

Second if you think the VW was fast you got yourself beat already.

People already know this but I race to win fuck losing so get in line player.

I know they arent EXACTLY the same, but thats were the motor originated from. the Accord motor made torque where the F20c doesnt make any

There are nothing "same" about them except for the F. One is DOHC, high compression, forge internals, short stroke, high revving engine. The other is SOHC, low compression, cast internal, long stroke (torque for heavy chassis). The F20 also have some kinda fancy coating on their cyclinder wall. If you want to get technical, I'm very sure the bearing journals between the two engines are different sizes too.

The F in the Accord is kinda like "F this $hit", and the F in the S2000 is kinda like "F...ing hell yeah".

There are nothing "same" about them except for the F. One is DOHC, high compression, forge internals, short stroke, high revving engine. The other is SOHC, low compression, cast internal, long stroke (torque for heavy chassis). The F20 also have some kinda fancy coating on their cyclinder wall. If you want to get technical, I'm very sure the bearing journals between the two engines are different sizes too.

The F in the Accord is kinda like "F this $hit", and the F in the S2000 is kinda like "F...ing hell yeah".

I had an F that would have shut your trap for sure

Then why do the early F20c motors share the same exhaust flange as the F22B motors? Why keep the designation of a F motor if one isnt in the same family? So I guess by your logic the H series parts wont work on F series motors.

In stock trim they are pretty impressive for an n/a 4 banger. Although i wouldnt call them king. I know shortly after the chevy ecotec came out, chevy kept modding one until it blew. If i remember right it was making somewhere north of 600 with stock internals.

I had an F that would have shut your trap for sure

Then why do the early F20c motors share the same exhaust flange as the F22B motors? Why keep the designation of a F motor if one isnt in the same family? So I guess by your logic the H series parts wont work on F series motors.

Hey man, I'm not trying to nick pick you. I'm just relaying what I know. You can believe what you want. I'm just trying to help another car enthusias from making mistake.

As far as violent go, I don't know you enough to hate you. But I don't care how big or how strong you are, I'm very sure you can't stop 4 tons coming at you.

As the great Ron White say "you can't fix stupid".

Hey man, I'm not trying to nick pick you. I'm just relaying what I know. You can believe what you want. I'm just trying to help another car enthusias from making mistake.

As far as violent go, I don't know you enough to hate you. But I don't care how big or how strong you are, I'm very sure you can't stop 4 tons coming at you.

x2. Smuckingham don't be an :asshole: He's trying to help another member and I can assure you he has had a faster honda than you ;)

Cause I totally said I was going to physically harm you in anyway....... glad you can read

x2. Smuckingham don't be an :asshole: He's trying to help another member and I can assure you he has had a faster honda than you ;)

shush, go back to following Anthony around :)