I feel about cops:  

88 members have voted

1. 1. I feel about cops:

• They're mostly elitist pigs - I am over 25
    • They're mostly elitist pigs - I am under 25
    • They're mostly looking out for me - I am over 25
    • They're mostly looking out for me - I am under 25

This thread exposes nothing new.

1/2 the people bitch about cops writing tickets for violations they knowingly committed, and blame the cop for. "That DICK had the nerve to write me up for 5% tint and no front plate and doing 75 in a 55"

Some hate all cops equally, and in an almost sad / sadistic way.

And the others are glad they are there, and will take their tickets as they should.

This thread exposes nothing new.

1/2 the people bitch about cops writing tickets for violations they knowingly committed, and blame the cop for. "That DICK had the nerve to write me up for 5% tint and no front plate and doing 75 in a 55"

Some hate all cops equally, and in an almost sad / sadistic way.

And the others are glad they are there, and will take their tickets as they should.

Big time players make big time plays, Jones just made the CR top ten plays of the week...

I don't bitch about the ticket, I pay them, I bitch about the lectures cops feel the need to talk about albeit totally hypocritical. I didn't vote because neither of those opinions are how I feel about police.

100% agree.

There was a documentary. . . . They gave one statistic that showed where on average the ratio between those they pulled over for something small leading to an arrest was something like 1:3.

I agree. It is a thankless job. We only hear about the bad and hardly the good. I want the highway out there, pulling over drunks, people texting, people high on drugs and those who should not be on the road.

So once in a while you get nailed for speeding, small price to pay for keeping our streets safer. I personally don't want someone flying by me doing 100mph on the highway. Most people don't know how to control a car at that speed anyway.

I have never received a ticket I did not deserve and I have not gotten a pulled over in the last 5 years.

One of my best friends is a Franklin County Deputy. To be exact I have 5 friends who are deputies and they all work together. You should hear how they laugh about mistreating people and beating up people in the jail while they are dressing them out, just because they are out of the cameras view. For no reason. They fuck people up because they can. How would you like your mom or wife or child being treated that way.

Not all cops are this way but a lot of them are.

Cops are like your boss. If you did something wrong, its your own fucking fault. Live with it. You can be mad and rage on the internet if you want. If you are being berated and you didn't do anything wrong, you have right to be pissed because you know you can't say anything without possibly causing more trouble.

Not voting because there is no in between option. Cops aren't all dicks, just some people are dicks, and some people happen to be cops.

How does age justify anything? Is my opinion less sensible because I am young, I don't seem to be to young to go over seas? /

age and wisdom/experience. in the military you get a little different flavor of it quicker than most. but you're still young and if you don't have kids, the outlook on life and values...you don't get that without kids and the responsibility of raising someone. that's all.

One of my best friends is a Franklin County Deputy. To be exact I have 5 friends who are deputies and they all work together. You should hear how they laugh about mistreating people and beating up people in the jail while they are dressing them out, just because they are out of the cameras view. For no reason. They fuck people up because they can. How would you like your mom or wife or child being treated that way.

Not all cops are this way but a lot of them are.

sounds like you need to find some new friends. sounds like your friends need to find themselves. sad really.

age and wisdom/experience. in the military you get a little different flavor of it quicker than most. but you're still young and if you don't have kids, the outlook on life and values...you don't get that without kids and the responsibility of raising someone. that's all.

+1

having kids changes your point of view quickly.