help me pick an sho replacement

TurboRust

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok legacy gt vs mazdaspeed6

I really like the MS6, but that's going to be more difficult to mod (though a bit faster already). Having driven both I vastly prefer the LGT for DD use. Should be easier/cheaper to maintain long term also, even if you're not concerned about modding it. I think they only made the MS6 for a few years and that kinda worries me for long-term maintenance/parts availability.

The MS6s have some definite power and handling advantages (stock to stock), but I found them to be more difficult to drive. It's hard to describe, but its like they have a 1 lb flywheel on the car and it seemed more difficult to drive around town than I'd expect. I've known 2 people that had them and both said they ate tires up (not just the stock soft ones), even with repeated trips to the dealer for alignment checks or realignment. It also kinda sucks to lose the ability to fold down the rear seats, as you do with the MS6.

Hmm... No Audi/VW love? With all the TDI out there you can get a lot of MPG over any cars you have listed. If you are looking at AWD make sure to try out the Audi's. I was so dead set on getting an IS300, but the A4 won hands down. The Avants are sweet, but most people don't like them till owning a Sedan first. If not the MS3 would be my vote. Edited by IV RINGS

as much as I'd love a legacy, i just dont see paying 2-3k more for a car with 20-30k more miles than an equivalent mazdaspeed 3,6 or saab 9-3. I've got a budget and need to stick with it, i just dont think legacy gts are going to fit with 80k miles.