good 1911

Rgreen

You can get a nice quality piece for 1500 I'm sure. I bought a Springfield 1911 A1 GI for 550 and have been very pleased with it. It's not top of the line but is very accurate and seems well made. I haven't had any issues with it and have shot at least 1000 rounds through it.

What do you recommend

It's not that Kimbers are bad guns. It's just that they are overpriced, and over-rated; all of which is due to their superb marketing, and nothing more. It's kinda like how Jay-Z and Lil' Wayne tell you they're the best rappers in the world in every single one of their songs. Then, after awhile, all the sheep in the world start to believe that. :p

Kimbers are made with sub-par parts, materials, and machining, and then they throw a flashy paint job on it. They look good sitting on the gun store shelves, but take one apart and really take a good look at it, and you'll realize you've paid entirely too damn much for it.

Recommendations:

-Dan Wesson (though their prices are jumping like crazy now that they've caught on)

-Springer (low end choice)

-Colt

-Wilson

-Nighthawk

-Les Baer

-STI

-SVI

-Fusion

It's not that Kimbers are bad guns. It's just that they are overpriced, and over-rated; all of which is due to their superb marketing, and nothing more. It's kinda like how Jay-Z and Lil' Wayne tell you they're the best rappers in the world in every single one of their songs. Then, after awhile, all the sheep in the world start to believe that. :p

Kimbers are made with sub-par parts, materials, and machining, and then they throw a flashy paint job on it. They look good sitting on the gun store shelves, but take one apart and really take a good look at it, and you'll realize you've paid entirely too damn much for it.

Recommendations:

-Dan Wesson (though their prices are jumping like crazy now that they've caught on)

-Springer (low end choice)

-Colt

-Wilson

-Nighthawk

-Les Baer

-STI

-SVI

-Fusion

I'm taking you and Scott gun shopping with me in March. Clear out your schedule :D