anyone available to help me with root and uninstalling apps on droid incredible?

evan9381

i have 2.2, went with the whole unrevoked thing, got to where i have superuser access showing up in my apps tray, but i cant figure out for the life of me how to uninstall this stuff. i tried to follow this -

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/138249-those-who-need-help-disabling-removing-apps-including-2-2-here-list.html

but the commands listed keep saying "the specified path is invalid" or something to that effect...

i brought it over to my dad, who is the computer savvy person in the family, and we still cant figure it out.

im over on the east side now (reynoldsburg) and live near easton, but i can travel anywhere...i can buy you lunch or throw a few bucks your way if someone can just show me how i can finally get rid of the bloatware (amazonmp3, skype, teeter, vz navigator, etc) on this thing...

i figured once i had the unrevoked deal done, it would just let me go into the applications section and finally click the "uninstall" button, but apparently i was wrong.

Install Titanium Backup and you are good. It is for rooted phones and there is a free version. Once installed you can uninstall anything off your phone as well as back up all your apps. Truly one of required apps for rooted phones.

i actually just saw on the android forums about that app, got it, tried it with amazon mp3 and city id and they're both still on my phone, even after the 2 reboots it said it would go through...technology pisses me off. i feel like a complete retard on something that pretty much everyone i see talk about it makes it seem like it shouldnt be THIS hard

im available whenever...i got it to where i thought i had a backup made, and installed the cyanogen mod rom, but cant get it back to the stock rom now. its starting to piss me off.

i was telling charles (putty), all i want is to get rid some of the bloatware, and if i can tweak something to get better battery life, id be thrilled with just that. im happy with HTC sense, its easy to use for a dummy like me. im not happy when i charge my phone to 100% and when im at the bar with my buddy and my battery is down to 50-60% in a few hours, and his samsung phone thats been unplugged for 15+ hours is at 84% with normal use.

i just want some better battery life and vz navigator, skype, amazon mp3, etc gone.

Bah. Ive torrented that shit and saved it to a folder lol. What version is yours?

If that's directed at me I'm running

Root Explorer v2.13.3

I've also got a couple folders on my laptop solely for rooting/unrooting, stock ROM image, back ups, and extra stuff like wallpapers

The stock ROM image is awesome for a quick unroot and revert to stock. Just run UnRevoked Forever then throw the Image on an SD card, boot into Hboot and install it.

If that's directed at me I'm running

Root Explorer v2.13.3

I've also got a couple folders on my laptop solely for rooting/unrooting, back ups, and extra stuff like wallpapers

Yep. I love my mac but sometimes its a pain. Anytime i download .zip files it auto uncompresses. So i have a folder on the Sd card for everything i need. Cant keep it on my computer.