S&W Bodyguard .380... thoughts?

sciongirl

Great carry gun. If they were out when I bought my lcp I would of bought the s&w

I looked at the LCP's today too, those were nice as well. But I ended up picking up a Walther PK380 and couldnt pass it up. But still interested in the Bodyguard since it's smaller.

If you havent shot the LCP I would suggest trying it out before you buy it. I bought one before shooting one and dont like them at all, I wish I would of went with the Walther.

its a pocket gun. no saftey. the trigger pull is going to be long and a high pressure.

its a pocket gun. no saftey. the trigger pull is going to be long and a high pressure.

I understand that and I didnt mind the trigger. When I bought it I thought it would be a great summer carry gun. After carrying though I didnt like it and I dont know why I really have no reason I just dont. Maybe its from going from a 5in 1911 to a pocket gun.

The trigger reset issues on the BG .380 are supposed to be resolved on the newer models with serial numbers EADxxx and newer. The issues with the laser power switch have been addressed as well. You can quickly tell which ones are the newer models by a ring around the laser switch that is supposed to keep the laser from activating in your pocket.

You're going to hear good and bad about every gun on the internet.

I just got a .38+p LCR. It has a long but very well engineered trigger pull. Seems much lighter than it is. It builds very gradually. The ergonomics are just right for me and it feels very light and natural to aim. I'm digging it. I'll report if anything negative emerges as I gain experience with it.