anybody experienced with 3 piece wheels?

mjrsplat

as soon as i find another set to roll on, i am taking mine apart to paint the centers and polish the lips.. i have a bend in one of the barrels, it could be straightened, but i may buy a new barrel and put it in there if its gonna be cost effective. does anyone know where to buy parts? my wheels are 3 piece volk superfine mesh.. i'm mainly interested in barrels, but lips too if i could find them. i wouldnt mind going staggered. if anyone has any tips, advice, or sources to buy parts it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I have worked with some 3 piece wheels in the past (Speedline) and have some now (Real Lite). I'm not sure of your terminology, we always referred to the "centers" - the cast/forged part that mounts on the hub, and then "rim half" as the two pieces that bolt to the center and the tire mounts on these two pieces. I assume you have a bent rim half as the hubs are pretty near impossible to bend, crack maybe, but not bend. We generally just purchased a new "half" if we bent them, but the bends we saw were usually from deflating race tires (at speed) and as such were severe. I would guess you would need to go back to Volk to buy a half - typically they are available in multiple widths to make up multiple width/offset wheels. As far as repair, you might try the wheel repair sponsors here on the site - I would guess they would want to do it as an assembled wheel, but it would be best to let them take a look at it first.

forgeline is in dayton and is who i get my 3 piece wheels from. they use clean silicone to seal them together after they are bolted together. they told me that the bolts are torqued to 25 ft. lbs.

also they will work on any brand wheel and do whatever you need done to them. extremely awesome people to work with.