Insainely Cheap Insurance!!!!

12oclocker

I called up state farm today to insure my new 2008 WR250X (Liability), I got a rate of $17.16 a YEAR!!!! YEAH, NO KIDDING!! The chick on the phone could not believe it either, and had to double check! But that's what the computer kept giving her, and that's what I got. SWEEET!!! :D

Hmmm... interesting...

You do have to call and physically speak to someone to get a state farm quote right? I think that's why I'm with Progressive, because I'm anti-social and don't have to talk to anyone to get rate quotes and setup policies.

Hmmm... interesting...

You do have to call and physically speak to someone to get a state farm quote right? I think that's why I'm with Progressive, because I'm anti-social and don't have to talk to anyone to get rate quotes and setup policies.

yeah, I switched from progressive too, progressive wanted $150 a year for liability on my cbr929, state farm gave me higher coverage liability for $50 a year! no long after that I switched my cars, and other stuff to state farm and saved a boat load of money, lol

Anyone had to try and make a claim through them for a bike yet? I'll need to insure my new ride when I get it and just may consider trying them if it isn't like pulling teeth for claim.

my buddy wrecked his car, and had state farm, his situation went smooth as silk, I went with him to see the state farm agent after it happened.

the guy he hit also had state farm, nithor one of them wanted to file a police report, because they both didnt want it on their license, the state farm agent was totally cool with that, and they paid the damage without a blink.

Anyone had to try and make a claim through them for a bike yet? I'll need to insure my new ride when I get it and just may consider trying them if it isn't like pulling teeth for claim.

yeah i dropped my bike in the driveway a while back, i gave them a call and they said they would preffer one of thier shops and i said no because i wanted a bike shop to do the repair, they said go get a estimate. i did and two days later i got a nice check in the mail. but i left them because my dad and i have the same name and for some reason my payments kept going to his account:confused::confused::confused::confused: i am thinking about going back to them this season but at a different location than my dad and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Damn I need to call State Farm up, I got Progressive through USAA and its not to bad, but you guys have way better rates. Though USAA kicks ass for car insurance, I was paying $135 a month at SafeAuto for liability only (6 points on my license) and I switched to USAA and was paying $80 a month for full coverage.

I give as much business as I possibly can to State Farm. I've got a bunch of policies with them(two cars, bike, house, insurance on camera equipment), and I've used them to finance my truck and my wife's car. Their bank will beat nearly any other quote you get, typically how they handle it is if you buy a car and get financed, they will beat the rate by at least 1 point.

My wife had two small accidents (About $700 each in damage to other cars, non on hers), and they handled without blinking.

My agency is super nice, anytime I have problems they are there to answer them. My rates for everything have never gone up in about 5 years, only down.

I would use State Farm for every bill I have if I could, and I generally hate corporations. As for as the necessary evil of having insurance, I think most people can't go wrong by using State Farm.

well I was gonna ask if anyone has had to make a claim with them. My mom was talking she read consumer reports that they're rates are great, but when it comes time to pay up they suddenly aren't as friendly, but it sounds like everyone here has had great luck with them. Anyone have any different stories before I just on the wagon too?

I work in State Farm claims and I can say from the inside it's quick, painless, and friendly. Now we're limited by the policies and how it's written. For example: only helmets are covered on our insureds not jackets, boots, etc. but a different story if you are the one getting hit. Being an ATGATT type of person I don't really agree.

Surprisingly when I was shopping around I also found State Farm to be the cheapest. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. In any case I say shop around but this is generally a quite sincere company.

i saved about $200/yr by switching from progressive to statefarm on my 98gsxr600

their bike policies are seperate from cars so you cant get a multivehicle discount.

more than one bike = mulitbike discount tho :)