55 in hitachi t.v.

STarner

i have a 55in hitachi t.v. i just upgraded to a 60in sharp aquos. The model number is 55vs69 it's not a flat panel but is a flat screen. It is 1080 but if you don't have hi def cable it's not worth it... just replaced bulb a few months ago...looking for $550 o.b.o. may trade let me know what you have!

Details:

55" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)

built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)

built-in digital cable TV tuner receives programs without a set-top box (cable service required; CableCARD™ required to view scrambled programs)

720p 3LCD light engine (1280 x 720 pixels)

100°(H) x 40°(V) optimum viewing angle

PictureMaster™ HD II 12-bit digital video processing

1-tuner Picture-in-Picture (inset or split-screen)

built-in stereo speakers (12 watts x 2)

multibrand remote control

day and night picture settings memories for each video input

5 A/V inputs, including:

3 composite video (2 rear, 1 front)

3 S-video (2 rear, 1 front)

2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i);

component inputs can also be used as composite inputs

1 HDMI digital audio/video input

2 RF inputs (Antenna, Cable)

optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital

Energy Star® compliant

50-5/8"W x 34-7/8"H x 17-5/8"D (pedestal is 33-5/8"W x 17-1/4"D)

weight: 86 lbs.

warranty: 1 year parts & labor — in-home service

Hope this helps

Well when I plug in my ps3 it says it 1080 maybe I have the wrong part number...however the light was replaced a few months ago and it is a 5000 hr. bulb!

You aren't wrong. It runs 1080i. there is a 1080i and a 1080p

Well when I plug in my ps3 it says it 1080 maybe I have the wrong part number...however the light was replaced a few months ago and it is a 5000 hr. bulb!

Pretty much all 720p TV"s will accept a 1080i input, but downconvert it to 720p. That is 100% sure a 720p TV.

The light bulb is very different than the light engine that I asked about. The light engine is a very common issue with the Hitachi LCD Rear Projection TV's (there was even a class action lawsuit in the works about it), which is why I asked whether it had been replaced yet or not.

You aren't wrong. It runs 1080i. there is a 1080i and a 1080p

You are incorrect - it is a 720p TV. Most LCD Rear Projections are.

However the tv says 1080 I on it...Idk all I care about really is my new tv lol..I haven't changed the light engine in it I don't even know the difference to be honest! I don't care ifi sell the tv I have it in my bedroom its just a little to big!