WORLD VS ZEEFAG

04silvrz

I can't even remember how many rocker sills, body-claddings, etc. I've seen get ripped off because of ice wedged in them in the last month. I've seen two cars in the lot at work where the wheel-well build ripped the whole rocker-sill off when the wheel hit it!

Everybody makes lemons, and if the QC was 100% on everything it might well be a $60k car. Welcome to mass-production.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do "get it" actually, but it's foolish to blame this single piece of trim on the overall quality of every American-built car & car company.

Let's pick this apart a bit.

The car is an '11, so as soon as it left the plant, it has been in sub-zero temperatures, most likely contributing to the 3M double sided tape not adhering properly. I'm sure when the trim was installed at the plant, it was "stuck" on correctly. If you wanna blame anyone, blame the manufacturer of the double sided tape.

And I bet there was ice built up on the molding and when it contacted the other moulding from opening the door something gave. personally I am just not a fan of side moldings anyway, my car had an option for it, I said "pass".

how about all the toyota trucks with rusted our frames? That's a HUGE major issue, and if affected tons of vehicles.

yeah, but didn't they fix the problem? like had recalls? and gave people brand new trucks?

Hey, i thought it was looking up for American cars! I had considered one on several occasions, and actually Ford would be my choice. But to see this and how a damn door piece wasn't applied properly, who knows what else gets overlooked on their cars.

Are you really that clueless to think that EVERY single car that comes off the line (whether it's American or Import) is going to be perfect?

This is not the only problem i have seen with american cars recently. I rent cars every week. The 2011 Malibu have the shittiest transmission i have ever drove in a brand new car. The last year they made the cobalt was garbage. But to literally see the car fall a part in front of my eyes really makes me question them.

Anytime i have had a Toyota, Nissan, or Honda they have been perfect.

Yeah, using double sided tape to build a car :nono:

EDIT: Sorry, cheesedick glue

Using Nissan here as an example (since their quality is so much better than "American Cars")

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQNissanQQTitanQQQMIQQDoor_MoldingQQ20042010QQQMISM605023.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwidUqzXPrH

QMI SIDE MOLDING OVERLAY KIT, STAINLESS STEEL, POLISHED, 2 PIECES -- Constructed of highly polished stainless steel will not rust or corrode; Pre-cut; With pre-applied double sided tape for quick and easy installation; Does not require drilling or trimming; Please allow 10-14 business days for it to ship out from our facility.

It's a rental, you have no idea what's happened to it in the last 2000 miles. For all you know the first guy who rented it smashed that door into the cement base of a parking lot light pole. The rental company then sent it off to a bodyshop, who pulled that trim piece, bondoed and painted the door, and stuck it back on poorly.

Judging an entire country's car output based on one rental that you know nothing about is absurd. And I'm an import guy...

I like the GM product over there in your info Bill.

LOL. Yeah, biggest pos ever too. It sways like a bitch, makes all kinds of noises and drives like a tank. I feel lucky every time it starts! But it does serve the purpose of snow vehicle.

LOL. Yeah, biggest pos ever too. It sways like a bitch, makes all kinds of noises and drives like a tank. I feel lucky every time it starts! But it does serve the purpose of snow vehicle.

I wouldn't buy a POS for winter driving, I'd rather be stranded in good weather. Maybe it's just me.

Every car will have it's problems and faults, there is no such thing as a perfect car. But for the most part American cars are just not designed as well as a foreign car. Quickly put together for the cheapest material. They are the McDonald's of the car industry.