Police Trade Ins

gaewsky1

Honestly police trade ins generally have been used quite a bit but alot of them are well maintained. the outsides generally will have a bunch of wear for the holsters they use but like I said they are generally well maintained.

I bought my glock 23 used from vances but it was not a police trade and I inspected it and its was in great condition. usually when you get a used gun from vances alot of the accessories will be missing but thats generally not a big deal, you will at least get the necessity's

For under $100, you can send your Sig in to the factory to have it inspected, along with them replacing parts by their armorer. As many Sig's as I've fired, I have no idea why I haven't bought one yet. In my opinion, they're one of the best shooting handguns out of the box. On topic, if a little holster wear doesn't stray you away, they're usually a good deal for what they're worth.

For under $100, you can send your Sig in to the factory to have it inspected, along with them replacing parts by their armorer. As many Sig's as I've fired, I have no idea why I haven't bought one yet. In my opinion, they're one of the best shooting handguns out of the box. On topic, if a little holster wear doesn't stray you away, they're usually a good deal for what they're worth.

Except they've had a horrible run of QC issues lately ruining their reputation. I would stay away unless it was an older one.

Just bought a Sig P239 from a member on here. I may send it to Sig to have them do this:

Sig Service Package – Detailed stripping with complete and thorough cleaning of the entire pistol. Professional safety inspection of critical components by factory certified personnel. Replacement of springs prone to wear ( trigger bar spring, slide catch lever spring, recoil spring) and any needed small parts. Lubrication to factory standards, reassembly and function testing. ALSO INCLUDES THE FACTORY INSTALLATION OF NEW SIGLITE NIGHT SIGHTS. (Night sights not available for Mosquito, P230/P232, P238, P250 models). $139.95

I plan on shooting it tomorrow.

Nice meeting you James and thanks for the computer suggestion. The HD works fine in the new comp.

• 2 weeks later...
Is their anyway to buy gun insurance from Vance's themselves on a trade in?

Define gun insurance? It's kind of an as-is kind of set up with a trade in. Best you can do is field strip it before you buy it. After that, replace parts, send it to a gunsmith, or send it back to the factory. No lemon laws with firearms last I checked.