Burn in for an LCD TV?

Buck531

I have a 42" Toshiba I bought a few years back. Just recently (tonight) I noticed some shadowing going on. I turned off the 360 it went to a black screen. Normal. What noticed was "hardcore team death match" in the upper left corner of the screen. I also see what seems to be on the right side someone's name and a partial of the gamer picture/clan tag. Can't really make it out. But there's also some black lines going down the center of the TV.

I thought that LCD's couldn't be burned with an image like that?

It's not that I sit at the party screen for hours on end and let it go. If I'm done playing, I turn off the 360. Even if it's for 10 minutes.

I know I'll just suck it up.. but it kinda sucks I paid some bucks for the TV and a few years later this happens. You can't tell it if you're playing a game or even watching TV. It's only noticable when going to a black screen.

Does your TV have the ability to display photos? If so, create a white screen in Photohop to match the resolution, insert it into the tv and leave it displayed for about one hour. Check it after 15 minutes. LIkely will be gone by then.

LCD's do suffer screen burn or memory. Go to the airport and you'll see.