WTF is up with junkyards..

im faster

why do they think there shit is gold???

I hit a tree branch. on the free way.. guy didnt tie down his load....

so.. it cracked the turn signal cover and the blank insert on the Golf.. and they want 15 bucks a piece???? really.. ill give maybe a couple bucks each..

/rant

dude, its a junkyard, not a retail business. when they get a call like that, its not like the VW parts dept where the guy says "let me look in the system for that price". have a pair of balls, go down the the yard, and tell them you've got $x for the part.

dude, its a junkyard, not a retail business. when they get a call like that, its not like the VW parts dept where the guy says "let me look in the system for that price". have a pair of balls, go down the the yard, and tell them you've got $x for the part.

This. You can haggle the hell outta them depending on the junkyard. Also, I like to pick a couple junkyards and then keep with them so as to build a rapport with the owner/employees. Highly viable in the longrun.

Also, that does seem like a lot for a turn signal, etc. However, I do not know what kinda of refletor it is or how much they're sought after or are originally priced. So... I dunno. Good luck.

Don't like the price, buy elsewhere. I get tired of ppl bitching about a price they are given, usually they come back with "well my buddy has it for xxx ammount", I just tell em to go buy it from their fucking buddy then lol. Like others have said in this thread, the price given over the phone from a junkyard usually isn't the price thats set in stone. Go in and say "Hey I am a little short on money will you take xx ammount?" odds are they will say yeah