Where to buy Methanol?

Jeffrey

The bottles of Heet are expensive. Call around National Trails, somebody has some.

Wait, If you are in Fairborn, go to Duncan Oil on Factory Road in Beavercreek. Thats where I get mine and its around 2 bux a gallon. My Buick is a fish.

Yep got razors alky kit and I love it, just looking for a source to feed this beast. Dad I got a shiny new snail that your other son will be helping install......here Z06.....here Z06..... :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/blackbuick1987/142934237_photobucket_35118_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro

I prefer to buy real methanol and mix it w/demineralized water, about 45/55 just to be safe. That is me.

Nonetheless, I would recommend you contact McGlaughlin Oil here in Cols.. All youll need is a proper container & I'll be willing to bet they will take good care of you.

I'm curious how a parts store could sell 100% Methanol in containers? Pretty sure that is alcohol or a mixture of some sort. Methanol is as we all know dangerous to handle and I find it odd that a store would have it on the shelf, especially when Jegs doesnt even sell it! However, I could be wrong (obviously).

Edited by KD93R1
Add more...

I always use 100% methanol in my car because that is what the maker of the kit suggests. You have the option of adding water but why mess with success. He buys the pumps and then modifies them to his specs (closely guarded secret at that) to handle the methanol. The question about the air brake antifreeze has come up and as long as it does not contain any kind of oil it is good too go.