How to retrieve data off crashed hard drive?

Comebackkid

it's spinrite 6 not 5, and yes, it's TINY, BUT IT WORKS WONDERS!

http://rapidshare.com/files/448357571/SPINRITE.rar

you'll want to make a boot-disk/cd then boot from the disk upon start-up. I've had the best luck with the long-term drive maintenance option over the "emergency data recovery" option but either one should work (i'd try the emergency data recovery option 1st).

And believe it or not i've had the long-term maintenance option repair drives such that the clicking noise went away for about a week. Got most everything back then had the drive crash a short while later. Tits program is Tits.

http://www.grc.com/sr/themovie.htm

Ok... if it IS Dell Diagnostics, the Electronics are failing in the Hard Drive.

I can assist in getting your data back, however, CR / the Internet is like an asshole. Everyone thinks their's is the best.

Let me know via a PM if you would like my assistance. I will need your Hard Drive for a day or two, and will be able to recover all that anyone else here can. If I cannot get it, no one else here can offer anything that could.

KillJoy

Get new HDD and get computer running again.

Install whatever data recovery software you want to use.

Get a laptop HDD enclosure with USB converter.

Wrap old HDD in the new HDD's static bag and seal with tape. Then, put it in your freezer.

Wait 10 - 15 minutes.

Load data recovery software.

Crack your knuckles.

Remove HDD, unwrap, connect to enclosure, plug into laptop as fast as possible. Get recovery software going and pull off all that you can.

If you can't recover anything, get your checkbook out or just forget about the data. Data recovery from a dead drive is big $$$.

Finally, buy a backup solution of one sort or another.

Ok... if it IS Dell Diagnostics, the Electronics are failing in the Hard Drive.

I can assist in getting your data back, however, CR / the Internet is like an asshole. Everyone thinks their's is the best.

Let me know via a PM if you would like my assistance. I will need your Hard Drive for a day or two, and will be able to recover all that anyone else here can. If I cannot get it, no one else here can offer anything that could.

KillJoy

Probably is just going to run spinrite then copy all ur pRon :lol: