How to make a QUICK $2200

unfunnyryan

As I said. Some have it, some don't. Talent unfortunately does not grow on trees, and IMO is something that can not be "taught", only developed IF you had it in the first place.

So true. Too bad I didnt realize this when I was young. I had so much talent and not enough work ethic. I got by on talent alone for years. I wish I had the mind I have now and the body I had back in highschool because I would get picked up in a heart beat. Any lefty that is 6'3 and throws over 90mph is a given pick up these days. To bad I got hurt and had to go to a MAC school to play outfield, and play for a shitty coach that pulled the love of the game from me. I should be playing for the Brewers right now instead I wasted away my early prime street racing, drinking booze, doing drugs, and chasing sluts. Now Im 25 and would give anything to go back and do it all again with a change in attitude.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what I learned when I trained. Some Jujutsu, Savate, and honed my stand up skills. I did it right after highschool before it became so popular, and every kid that paid $120 to a gym called them selves a fighter. I initially did it for the workout/cardio and to teach kids wrestling technique. I ended up doing well in several amateur exhibitions and was convinced to do some money frights. Most were local junkets in leagues that did not exist or were bought out by UFC.

money fights...so your a pro MMA fighter?

baseball is seriously one of the most boring sports to watch/play.

You think this because you were no good at it right? Jk I have to admit it is somewhat boring to watch but to play was a complete different storey. Especially if you were a pitcher, a really good hitter that could change the game with one swing, or in a defensive position that sees alot of action ie short stop, third base, and center field...

I should be playing for the Brewers right now instead I wasted away my early prime street racing, drinking booze, doing drugs, and chasing sluts. Now Im 25 and would give anything to go back and do it all again with a change in attitude.

Trust me boss, I feel the same way. Not with Baseball, as there are 1000's of very talented catchers out there, but with "life". I don't regret where I am, but hindsight is 20/20.

money fights...so your a pro MMA fighter?

I don't know how you define a "Pro" MMA fighter, but I would say no. I did it for fun, for the workout, and pulled out when it got to a level where I would have to commit my life to being better, or go about my life "as usual." Obviously, I did not continue since I'm sitting in an office writing mortgages.

So true. Too bad I didnt realize this when I was young. I had so much talent and not enough work ethic. I got by on talent alone for years. I wish I had the mind I have now and the body I had back in highschool because I would get picked up in a heart beat. Any lefty that is 6'3 and throws over 90mph is a given pick up these days. To bad I got hurt and had to go to a MAC school to play outfield, and play for a shitty coach that pulled the love of the game from me. I should be playing for the Brewers right now instead I wasted away my early prime street racing, drinking booze, doing drugs, and chasing sluts. Now Im 25 and would give anything to go back and do it all again with a change in attitude.

You cant say you are old at 25. I'm 32 so I can get away with dreaming about my 4.3 40 yard dash days. You could work out for a year, get in the best shape of your life, and have a legit shot at 26. Until the doctor tells you you have to stop power lifting, you are starting to get arthritic and you have kids that are almost old enough to beat you at sports you cant act like you are done. If I were you I would give it one more shot. Maybe try out for a the minors...

While we are talking about sports, who's playing football in April?

P.S. I will still kick 90% of the boards behinds in a foot race with my old crickety knees. I'll just need some pain pills and a bath afterwards.

You cant say you are old at 25. I'm 32 so I can get away with dreaming about my 4.3 40 yard dash days. You could work out for a year, get in the best shape of your life, and have a legit shot at 26. Until the doctor tells you you have to stop power lifting, you are starting to get arthritic and you have kids that are almost old enough to beat you at sports you cant act like you are done. If I were you I would give it one more shot. Maybe try out for a the minors...

P.S. I will still kick 90% of the boards behinds in a foot race with my old crickety knees. I'll just need some pain pills and a bath afterwards.

I'm playing but it ain't no flag league

I don't know how you define a "Pro" MMA fighter, but I would say no. I did it for fun, for the workout, and pulled out when it got to a level where I would have to commit my life to being better, or go about my life "as usual." Obviously, I did not continue since I'm sitting in an office writing mortgages.

Turning pro equals getting paid to fight, unless you where before the commission.

Turning pro equals getting paid to fight, unless you where before the commission.

Well, I guess you can call me a pro for one fight. Out of the 3 fights I was paid, 2 were contingent on a victory, or going to a decision. The last one, I got paid $500 to make weight and show up, and $1000+5% of ticket sales if I won. I lost that fight, it was my last for several reasons.

Oh I can defently see this. I tried not to long ago as well but my life has just been such a mess that keeping my head above water is hard enough at times. Throwing other things on to my plate right now is just about the last thing that I need.

Oh I can defently see this. I tried not to long ago as well but my life has just been such a mess that keeping my head above water is hard enough at times. Throwing other things on to my plate right now is just about the last thing that I need.

Regret hurts a lot more than making time... trust me. You are a few years away from playing indoor softball with wiffle ball bats and running over kids in a mid-life crisis like testosterone rage.

Regret hurts a lot more than making time... trust me. You are a few years away from playing indoor softball with wiffle ball bats and running over kids in a mid-life crisis like testosterone rage.

This, You should listen. Try and make time and go for it. I am one who has regret for not persuing. It will be alot better on you knowing that you gave it a shot rather than not doing anything! I have literally made people look bad who are now in the NBA and I never tried and kick myself everyday because of that!