Question about iTunes

Tripleskate

Last night, iTunes was acting very odd. My computer was trying to open it, but it wouldn't. I figured it was no big deal and just closed the app. Fast forward to today, I tried to open iTunes again, and lo and behold "blah blah blah iTunes library has been damaged, file moved to "iTunes Library (Damaged)" then it opened and now all of my music/videos are gone. I found the "damaged" file and of course it won't open. Any suggestions as what caused this? Most of my music is still on my mp3 player, and I remember once reading about a program which takes the songs from the player and loads them back onto iTunes. Can anyone help me out?

i think you just need to let iTunes search for all your songs, they should still be in the itunes folder, the "library" file is damaged I think. If you let iTunes search and find all music on the harddrive your stuff should reappear because it builds a new library file.

i think you just need to let iTunes search for all your songs, they should still be in the itunes folder, the "library" file is damaged I think. If you let iTunes search and find all music on the harddrive your stuff should reappear because it builds a new library file.

Never been good at double quoting responses, but I did a search through iTunes and seems to have found all/most of my mp3's, couldn't remember how many I have off the top of my head. It came up with just shy of 14,000 files.

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4643246/OH-FUCK.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Angry-Arnold

brb, transferring 50+ gigs of music.

Thanks guys.