compression ?

pontiacfreak142

Depends.

What style we talking? Old school? LT1? Even newer?

EDIT - Here's a cool article.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0606em_understanding_compression_ratio/index.html

I ran 11.2:1 on 92 with no issues.

Edited by nurkvinny

11:1 with alum heads in no problem.

OP - Please list as many of the specs you're running as you can.

This is true. But you need a bigger cam to bleed to off some compression to run 11:1. And as the OP mentioned he doesnt want to run alot of duration. But I'll wait on cam specs to give my final opinion.

How do you buy parts and not have this figured out?

You should be on the edge of what you can get away with, but this is also why a lot of people wouldn't push it. You just need to keep your dynamic compression from going overboard. I'd just be mindfull of cam selection and talk to people who are experienced in cam design, not your buddys, not some guy at Jeg's, and not the internet.

no cam as of yet, basically the motor is a gen 1 350 out of a 95 silverado, 383 crank, forged rods 11.48:1 hypereutectic pistons, the heads im going with are 64 cc 2.02 intake 1.60 exaust 190cc runner and are aluminum. i was planning on getting everything together before calling comp and getting there opinion on the cam.

Scott, i did have it figured out for the most part, like i said i had several people telling me 11:5 would be fine as long as i had aluminum heads (got my info from a guy that claimed to be a "pro engine builder"). Not to mention its not a huge deal to me. would i like to have a a car that can run on 93, of course. But if it doesnt work out that way, i wont be heart broken or anything. just attempting to not have to pay $6.50 a gallon if at all possible lol