airbag light on a 06 dodge caravan.

Skinner

Was out yesterday in the van when getting ready to head home the airbag light came on. Took it to advanced auto and they told me they can't scan for it. Took it home and disconnected the battery for a hour and it still came on. Was wondering if anyone had a scan tool that could tell me whats wrong since this is my wifes car.I hate to take it to a shop to have them spend 5 minutes to tell me whats wrong and get charged an hour of diag time.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/23/chrysler-recalls-312-000-2005-2006-minivans-over-airbag-issue/

If they won't cover it for some reason, I found a thread where the guy just removed the bumper sensors, cleaned them, put dial. grease on and he was good to go.

But, I'd think a dealer would hook you up with something as important as airbag issues.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/23/chrysler-recalls-312-000-2005-2006-minivans-over-airbag-issue/

If they won't cover it for some reason, I found a thread where the guy just removed the bumper sensors, cleaned them, put dial. grease on and he was good to go.

But, I'd think a dealer would hook you up with something as important as airbag issues.

thanks for the info. Do you know where that sensor is at in the front of the bumper? reason I as is about 2 years ago on 71 I hit some debris that I could not avoid and there was a sensor in the center of the bumper that got pushed up into the radiator. I figured since no lights came on and everything was fine it was the temp sensor. But if its the airbag sensor I will just buy new since I doubt a dealership would touch it now.

If you are going to be in Marysville area I can hook you up. I have a Snap-On scan tool that reads Air Bag lights.

I called the dealership and they are treating it as a recall so it will be free as long as the issue is with the sensors but after digging further that appears to be the issue. Thanks for the offer though.