Mitsubishi kills the Evo... FOREVER!!!!

accel_is_my_drug

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They announced they're killing the Eclipse too.

Effectively killing themselves in most markets. I wouldn't be suprised if they were out of the US in 5 years or less. I'm kinda mixed on this. The Evo series was definitely cool, the 3G Eclipse went full Secretary, I actually like the later Galants. Oh well. We are getting Fiat...

Its sad to actually see the EVO go, when all the 90's legends left us i was running around in size 4 shoes lol. i know the EVO will be missed but i don't think it will reach the status of the MKIV Supra the FD3S RX-7 or the Z32 300ZX, these cars are my childhood Japanese legends as they are for many. i just feel the EVO lacks what these cars had, lines and over all sports car feel, at the end of the day it was still a Lancer. while a great car i think it will age just as every other regular car has, it will still have that luster to the masses but will eventually die with time sadly.

who knows maybe one day ill own a EVO 9MR but will have the meaning that my FD has to me? probably not but i will respect it in every aspect that it has as being a great 2000+ Japanese sports sedan that many enjoyed.

;)

I got chu, I give you credit though, that 2 step launch was impressive. I have this mythical black beauty that will be out one day, later than sooner Im sure. One day they will line up though

I got chu, I give you credit though, that 2 step launch was impressive. I have this mythical black beauty that will be out one day, later than sooner Im sure. One day they will line up though

I want her done man, I just want to go roll the streets side by side wrecking days. and yes we will line up out side of the Kruger residence and see who can smoke em longer :bangbang::bangbang:

I am sad to see it go. Especially with only 3 models ever making it legally into the states. Dave Buschur does way more than 4g63 powered vehicles. I don't see him getting upset or going under. The market for them was doomed when the X came with the 4b11 instead of the 4g63.

Agreed the Evo X was their down fall. Like I said you couldnt give me that car and for some reason I would take it, it would have a for sale sign on it asap. That car is hit ugly and they took the heart out of it when they lost the 4g63.

Mitsubishi is real smart...

Does anyone really believe that a multimillion dollar company employed a group of incompetent financial analysts to come to this "smart" decision? It might suck but they obviously have figured out it is not a profitable part of their operating income.

I feel like the values on these cars wont climb like others.

They actually will freeze or climb. They held their value up to this point very well.

They actually will freeze or climb. They held their value up to this point very well.

I disagree with this point. I think they'll continue their current depreciation. I'm not saying they'll drop like a rock or anything, but I think the values will continue down until they bottom out closer to $10-12K for an average example.

I disagree with this point. I think they'll continue their current depreciation. I'm not saying they'll drop like a rock or anything, but I think the values will continue down until they bottom out closer to $10-12K for an average example.

I agree with you Chris, EVO's will loose value but since the nature of car has a demand it will retain a good price.

I still disagree with you Smokey considering most of the market are "fan boys" that want to be 2F2F. Time will tell.

Does anyone really believe that a multimillion dollar company employed a group of incompetent financial analysts to come to this "smart" decision? It might suck but they obviously have figured out it is not a profitable part of their operating income.

Stop saying things that make sense!

I mean why would a company want to get rid of something that is not making them money? Why cut dead weight that only services such a small section of the market?

Because Mitsubishi hates oreo people.

And chicken and de cow.