Re-mounting front seat?

acklac7

Love the Lexus, hate the leg room (im 6'6, crazy long legs). So im wondering if anybody has ever heard of anyone re-tapping the floor/body such that they can install the seat about 6" from the OEM original mount? I understand that this can be extremely dangerous if I get in a wreck and the new threads don't hold, but other then that I don't see any reasons not to give it a shot? Ideas?

there is a lot more to it than moving a seat back and drilling holes. more than likely the seat track won't fit the floor contors.

best bet is taking the seat out and moving it back to see how it fits the floor. you'll need to support the floor somehow if you do move it or the seat will pull the bolts right though the sheet metal in a crash.

you'll need to seriously strenghten the floor under wherever you move the seat to....

I had to repair a wheel chair van a custom place had mounted the driver seat on the sheet metal and it tore out of the floor in under 500 miles just from stop and go driving

your best bet would be to weld tube steel under or on top of the floor and attach it to the existing reinforced seat area then drill holes to match the seat track and weld in new studs