Twin a1000 pumps?

TurboNova

Anyone running twin a1000 pumps? What kind of power are you able to support and what regulator are you using. I have 1 a1000 eliminator pump but thinking about getting a second a1000 and just running 2 a1000 pumps instead of having to boost voltage to one pump and making it work hard on e85. Need to support 700whp e85 but want it to work for upto 1000whp. Not too interested in a cable drive at this point

IPS runs twin pumps on their TT vettes. why do you need twin pumps? the one pump should be more than enough for that power level. the eliminator is good to 1400hp on forced induction EFI. so when you factor in the the about 30% more fuel the E85 needs and that that pump will support 10% more than its listed for you should be fine.

depending on your time line i may have a solution to your fuel system.

Interested in your idea. In theory the eliminator pump would be good for max 800-850 whp e85. I was thinking running one additional standard a1000 pump then join both pump feed into a y block -10 feed single line to front then y out into rails. Just to keep the one a1000 pump from getting hot from being overworked

i don't know if all of my system is going to work for you. the way it is right now with the pumps i am working with it will only support 960hp with 10% safety margin. and thats on gasoline not E85. i'm not sure if the system will work with the aeromotive pumps because i don't have any to test with.

Nope never heard of such a thing. Twin a1000s. Na don't do it. I made 762 on e85 wheel at 15lbs with a single 8yr old a100. Your elem pump is more than enuf for that level. The twins would b good beyond 800 wheel hp

u can but a correctly wired pump should be on a relay at the pump so its getting whatever the battery is charging at.

pics

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/SSPX4768.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/SSPX4769.jpg

notice the top first design pump. yea its still working i had a new a1000 fail within the first two passes of its life? supposed to be better but i dont kown we will see how thisone holds up

I cant say that it makes me feel better to have twin pumps but I guess the rest of my car as I am building it is ready for that next step if I take it there so I did not want to have to change anything except for injectors if I step it up hp wise.

Matt are you running seperate feeds to your carb or is it one feed

How about we chug some numbers and find out what your fuel demands really are?

What kind of pressure do you plan on running? Boost? 1:1 Regulator? DT loss?

Finally motherfucker....was waiting for someone to say it. I was trying to but i have no idea where to find info on v8's carbd.

Alot is undecided at this point. The car is not really a setup others have done as far as engine combination. It has a 1:1 regulator, running e85. I will be running between 12-18lbs of boost. I am running a th400 so figure 15% loss. Base pressure maybe around 40-50psi?

Alot is undecided at this point. The car is not really a setup others have done as far as engine combination. It has a 1:1 regulator, running e85. I will be running between 12-18lbs of boost. I am running a th400 so figure 15% loss. Base pressure maybe around 40-50psi?

Rock on.

Let's start:

We'll average a best/worst case conditions:

A) best case

10HP is produced from 1lb-min of air

15% DT loss

1000whp * 1.15% DT loss / 10 hp per lb-min= 115lb-min Air Req

b) worst case

9HP is produced from 1lb-min of air

18% DT loss

1000whp * 1.18 DT loss / 9 hp per lb-min = 131lb-min Air Req

Averaged, that's an air req of 123lb/min to produce 1000WHP.

We now have a starting point of air mass, all we need to do is calculate fuel mass.

If you re-arrange Air / Fuel = Ratio, you can determine Fuel = Air / Ratio.

We need an air to fuel ratio before we can continue. We know that E85 has a stoic of ~9.8, and we'll pick a safe lambda of .79 (roughly 11.5:1 on a regular gas). Our ratio would then be 9.8 * .79, or 7.74 parts of air to 1 part fuel, 7.74:1 AFR.

Plug and chug, 123lb-min air / 7.74 air/fuel ratio = 15.89lb/min of fuel req.

Since everything in the fuel world is generally done in pounds per hour, convert by multiplying by 60: ~ 954lb/hr of fuel req.

Finally, to convert to volume flow, you need the mass per volume. For E85 (and gas), that's roughly 6.5 lbs per 1 gallon. So, 954lb-hr / 6.5lb-gal equates to ~147 US Gal / hr.

Converted to LPH, ~557LPH.

Edited by Nate
typos

From Aeromotives product page:

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/fuel-pumps/11101-a1000-fuel-pump/

http://i54.tinypic.com/2m2hro5.jpg

So your rail pressure at max is going to be intake manifold pressure + base FP,landing you somewhere in the 60-70psi range. As you can see, @ 13.5V the A1000 won't be able to supply 954lb/min in the 60-70psi area.